2014 Mazda 3 Radio Issues

jonko35

:
2014 Mazda3 i Grand Touring
Good Morning.

For those of you who drive a 2014 Mazda 3 or even a new model Mazda, are you guys having trouble with the radio?

The music on the radio sounds fine one minute and then sounds like the speakers are playing underwater the next.

The dealership is saying that it's caused by switching off from satellite radio to analog or something.

Anyone having similar problems?

- Jonathan

Yes I have been experiencing similar problems with audio and the infotainment system getting stock at the logo screen or in some instances its jus a light blue screen and that's it. I am actually on my way to Mazda now to get this resolved. I took videos and pics to show what has been happening since its an intermittent problem.

I am driving the 2014 Hatchback 3 SGT.

Last edited:
Find the version number of your infosys.
My v29 has been OK so far.
However, I don't use many fancy features other than BT (phone, music), Aux, NAV, FM, and CD.

I am having the same issue. Apparently they need to replace the Tuner Unit. I am just going to live with it either until it drives me crazy or at my first oil change...whichever comes first. lol

I tried to turn off HD-ratio, but it did not seem to help.
Yes, it sounds like underwater sound.
My guess is that it is a reception problem. I'll talk to dealership at next oil change.

Back