2014 CX-5 Dash Speaker Wiring Harness?

Ive searched the forum and I'm unable to find the answer, is there a wiring wiring for the dash speakers? Or a good alternative that can be used? I have a 2014 does not have the Bose system and I'm trying my best not to solder anything. The replacement speakers I want to use are Infinity Reference 3032CFX.

Last edited:
My 2013 CX-5 didn't have tweeters, but the wiring was there for them from the factory. As far as the center channel or C pillar speakers that the Bose system uses, I'm not sure.

2014 has 3 dash speakers, Ive got the Bose system and replaced the dash ones with coaxial speakers that included a tweeter.

Why don't you just pry off the grilles and find out if wires are there and what connections they have?

Because I have done that, that’s why I created this post. My CX 5 doesn’t have the Bose system, the speaker I purchased needs a wiring harness. I’m wondering if there is a wiring harness or a good alternative.

Because I have done that, that’s why I created this post. My CX 5 doesn’t have the Bose system, the speaker I purchased needs a wiring harness. I’m wondering if there is a wiring harness or a good alternative.
I don’t believe there’s any speaker connector adapters (yet?) for either non-Bose and Bose dash mid-range speakers on gen-1 and gen-2 CX-5’s.

You can always check with Crutchfield and see if there’s anything available.

I don’t believe there’s any speaker connector adapters (yet?) for either non-Bose and Bose dash mid-range speakers on gen-1 and gen-2 CX-5’s.

You can always check with Crutchfield and see if there’s anything available.
Do you know of any alternatives?

13-15 w/o BOSE

Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 5.34.14 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 5.34.34 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 5.34.52 AM.png

13-15 with BOSE
Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 5.44.56 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 5.45.14 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 5.45.29 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 5.45.50 AM.png

Last edited:
Do you know of any alternatives?
Connectors to those factory dash speakers between non-Bose and Bose system are different. People here mainly just cut the factory connectors and soldering or using universal wire connectors to hook up the aftermarket speakers which usually use standard speaker connectors.

The no-cut answer is to depin the connector, solder wire to the pins, and then reinstall them.
Now you still have your uncut factory connection in place, but you also have wire for your new tweeters.

If you have empty wiring present, these may work.

Last edited:

If you have empty wiring present, these may work.
I just tried that, the wiring harness that you used doesn’t fit. I believe you said you have the Bose sound system, I don’t have that so the factory make end is different than what you have.

Weelll, you are now on a quest. I spent some time on Metra's site looking at pictures until I found what almost fit.

Back