2014 B-Spec Racing

Here is a quick video of me getting spun from Saturdays race.

-Derrick

at least nothing else hit ya.

That first SM which everyone passed was probably like what the hell is going on?

at least nothing else hit ya.

That first SM which everyone passed was probably like what the hell is going on?

The instant I got tagged that was running through my mind, "oh crap please don't let me get t-boned". I will take a screwed up wheel, broken front wheel bearing, and bent fender any day to really trying out my roll cage.

You couldn't hear it in the video but the miata had a terrible mis-fire and was on 3 cylinders most of the time which is why we got around him. I think it was an STU classes car which is why he was in the group with us.

-Derrick

Sick, you can spin people in these too.. I looked into this because I was interested. If seems that specific cars are allowed only.

Did he come up on you? or did you both just run out of racing room and you got the shaft in it? Any contact points taken?

Looked like a racing incident to me..Running hard and incidental contact. but that's from a rearward camera and I cant see if the Fit held his line.

How bad was the quarter?

No damage to my quarter, the front fender and the right side wheels took the hits. That corner is that fastest on the track. I was moving towards the apex of the corner (to the right) to setup for the next corner. There have been instances in the past between us where he has squeezed me unintentionally (I think) where I lifted a little to keep from contacting like this. I was focused on the next corner so when the contact happened it really surprised me. There were several spots on Sundays race where I could have stuck my nose and found the situation reversed but I decided to keep it clean. I was even a nice guy and helped him load up the fit on sunday afternoon when he was trying to make sure he was square on the trailer.

Derrick

Bummer about getting spun, glad it didn't get any worse (like getting t-boned or smacking the tire wall)!

Michael the guy who got me posted up his video of the spin for a different angle on it.

-Derrick

After seeing the Fits video, it's 50/50... it was a bold move for him to try and squeeze his car behind that S2000 and use him to try and get you wide. You ran your line and had every right to it. It's the passers ( from what I understand in the GCR) job to make sure the pass gets done and with no contact. You did not try to block and made one racing move to turn in. the position was yours to keep. Did you see him? or by the time you "felt him" there was too late? or didn't expect a pass after a gentleman move over for a faster car.

I'll stick to dodging cones, glad the damage wasn't very severe. What ever came out of the incident? what position did you recover to? hopefully you didn't have to retire.

Were you breaking going into riverside?

Yes I did. I saw the S2000 get lose on prior sessions and I did not want to be on the outside of it in case he lost it. Normally it is a flat out corner in a B-Spec car.

-Derrick

After seeing the Fits video, it's 50/50... it was a bold move for him to try and squeeze his car behind that S2000 and use him to try and get you wide. You ran your line and had every right to it. It's the passers ( from what I understand in the GCR) job to make sure the pass gets done and with no contact. You did not try to block and made one racing move to turn in. the position was yours to keep. Did you see him? or by the time you "felt him" there was too late? or didn't expect a pass after a gentleman move over for a faster car.

I'll stick to dodging cones, glad the damage wasn't very severe. What ever came out of the incident? what position did you recover to? hopefully you didn't have to retire.

In the end stuff happens and this was chalked up to a racing incident. I would have lifted for a sec and not forced the issue to avoid the wreck being in his position to find a better spot to pass later. We were on lap 7 of the 14 which were run.

-Derrick

Yes I did. I saw the S2000 get lose on prior sessions and I did not want to be on the outside of it in case he lost it. Normally it is a flat out corner in a B-Spec car.

-Derrick

Ahh that makes sense, Thomas and Michael were both tapping the brakes in that corner, whereas I wasn't, so I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong or not. I'm doing about 100 going into that corner but I have to lift a little otherwise I get some bad oversteer.

The highest speed I saw when looking at data is 97 mph and the car will scrub ~3-4 MPH by the exit. If you have the tires hot and sticky you should be able to take the corner flat out. It just takes faith in the car/tires to do it.

-Derrick

The highest speed I saw when looking at data is 97 mph and the car will scrub ~3-4 MPH by the exit. If you have the tires hot and sticky you should be able to take the corner flat out. It just takes faith in the car/tires to do it.

-Derrick

I didn't hook my GPS up this time so I'm guessing from what I saw on the speedo, which was about 110 mph. It was somewhere between 95-100 but being a center speedo I don't always see the right mph either.

I tried taking it flat, but the back of the car gets really loose mid corner so I don't have a ton of confidence it'll hold. The suspension is pretty garbage on this car, so I figured I was on the bump stops and and change in the surface causes the car to get jittery. But then again I'm a pretty slow driver as well.

I didn't hook my GPS up this time so I'm guessing from what I saw on the speedo, which was about 110 mph. It was somewhere between 95-100 but being a center speedo I don't always see the right mph either.

I tried taking it flat, but the back of the car gets really loose mid corner so I don't have a ton of confidence it'll hold. The suspension is pretty garbage on this car, so I figured I was on the bump stops and and change in the surface causes the car to get jittery. But then again I'm a pretty slow driver as well.

Do you have the B-Spec shocks/springs listed in the GCR?

Derrick

Back