2013 CX-9 Bose wiring?

chuyler1

goes to eleven
:
2013 CX-9
Can I tap into the pre-amp outputs so I can run my own amps and speakers? I'd rather not invest in a head unit if I don't have to. I have a processor that can sum channels, I'll just need to know where to find those channels. My MS6 had an amp under the seats that I removed and repurposed the wiring harness.

Have you checked with Crutchfield? Many times you can find wiring diagrams and other excellent info from them, without having to but anything and pay close to retail prices through them.

That was my next course of action actually. Turns out the dealer misrepresented the vehicle on their website anyway. I went to look at it and No Bose, no Tech package. Thank god for smart phones. Everything else was what I wanted and I'm replacing the stereo anyway so I typed in all the options into KBB and came up with a price over 3k below their list. They agreed to the price and gave me what I wanted for trade after a little back and forth.

Long story short, now I need the standard radio wiring diagrams. I'll see what I can get out of Crutchfield. My plan is to wire in a JBL MS8. It has 8 x 20watts built in with all the awesome time alignment and auto eq. I'll see how the 20 watts sounds first but most likely I'll be adding aftermarket amps to at least boost the lows.

Yeah, I would say you'll likely want to add a small sub of some sort - that's a big interior to fill with sound. We just picked up our '12GT over the weekend. It came with the Bose system. I'm not a fan of anything Bose, home or mobile. The system sounds decent, although I would have been disappointed in it had I paid new car price for it. I'm an old car audio guy from back in the 90s, so I'm pretty hard to please when it comes to mobile tunes. I'd be curious to find out how the Bose system is setup - a simple speaker swap could likely do wonders for it.

EDIT: I've done some poking around, and outside of speaker sizes and locations, I haven't been able to find much regarding the actual Bose setup. It appears that the front dash and rear D pillar speakers are 3.5", while the front doors are an 8" midbass. The rear doors have a 6.5" midbass best I can figure, along with the small sub in the spare tire well. A nice 6x8 can be made work in the doors with a little fab work for a mounting solution, or can be replaced with a dedicated midbass. I found a pretty good write-up on another forum, but it was a couple of years old and the links to the pictures were gone. I haven't found any details as far as power or other configurations yet.

Last edited:
Back