2012 Mazda 5 Bluetooth Problems (iPhone)

My wife has an iPhone 4 with the latest iOS. For whatever reason, my wife is having problems using the her phone via Bluetooth. Media streaming works without a hitch, but whenever she places an outgoing call, sometimes she can't hear the person on the other end and sometimes the person on the other end can't hear her. It as though the Bluetooth is taking its time connecting - even though Bluetooth media streaming works flawlessly. Sometimes the display on the dash will display "Searching..." when she makes an outgoing call.

Is anyone else having this issue. We've used her phone with our previous vehicle (2011 Dodge Grand Caravan - uConnect) and never had a problem. Perhaps there is an update for the Mazda5 Bluetooth module?

You might have better luck posting this in the 2012 Mazda5 Forum.

Maybe a moderator can move this over there for you...

When I bring up the 2012 Mazda 5 section, it links to this section. Guess I'll have to post it in the general section.

Contrary to popular belief, Apple iOS software is very buggy.

Apple is assumed to be reliable because of the past. 1.) Macs couldn't run anything so of course they were reliable. They only ran Apple programs, which were useless for most people. But hey, they were darn reliable. 2.) Macs were assumed to be safe because such a tiny fraction of the world's population used them that nobody cared to hack or attack them with such bigger fish in the sea. 3.) Apple die-hards stuck with Apple and the reputation of reliability and safety just propagated from there. After decades, it started to sink in, especially with Windows ME and other MS failures in the early 2000's.

That said, I would blame the iPhone first. My iPhone 4 has endless bugs, especially with integrating with the outside-Apple world. I had lots and lots of problems going from my ancient Blackberry to my iPhone when it came to the cars. My advice is to back up your iPhone, reset it to factory settings, reload your last backup, and try again. Instead of fixing their junk software, Apple will just tell you to reset it over and over until it works. The reality is that they don't know what the software is doing because it has bugs and they keep bringing out new hardware/software and just leaving the buggy junk behind them.

It will take a few years, but this is going to bite Apple in the butt. My iPhone that is 13 months old now has a broken power button, and so do tens of thousands of other people. The problems with Apple's empire are starting to unfold. Marketing to kids will only last so much longer.

Again, backup, reset, restore over and over until it works. That's Apple's advice. Been there.

Latest posts

Back