2012 CX-9 use crush washer on oil drain plug?

:
2012 CX-9 Sport
Just purchased a 2012 CX-9 and getting ready to change the oil. I can't determine if the oil drain plug on this model uses a replaceable crush washer/ gasket or not. The engine diagram shown here says "Incl.Gasket" but it's not clear if that's replaceable (without replacing the plug) and I don't see a spec for a separate, replaceable "gasket". I called a couple of dealers. One said there's no gasket. Another said the service people there always pick up a gasket at the parts counter, but he wasn't actually able to identify it, so he might have been speaking generally and not with respect to the first gen CX-9. Maybe there's a non-removable but reusable gasket that just stays on the plug?

I suppose I could take a look and try to see if there's a gasket, but that still may not answer the question whether it's removable or what I should replace it with. I've searched the forums and youtube and can't find an answer. What to do?

Thanks for any help.

There is an o-ring/gasket integrated into the drain plug. I have not replaced this seal in 110k miles.

Upvote 0
Back