(2011) It's a shame the doors dont auto lock

LordJezo

(2010) It's a shame the doors dont auto lock

I still forget to lock the doors after having the car for a year.. every other car I have driven in the past many years locks them automatically once you go into drive and start to pull forward.

Just a minor gripe, I like the thing so much I dont have much to complain about so I had to pick on it somehow.

Last edited:
Wow.

Awesome.

I wonder what other secret features it has that Mazda didn't tell me about.

LordJezo,
According to "damaster" (who has 2011 CX9, in the thread I linked), the procedure is in the Owners' manual....
Did you read yours?

i have a 2012 gt,,mine lock when i get to 12 mph...when parked they lock after 30 sec.

As per the link above, they are programable. You just have to remember, after following the programming procedure, to wait about 10 seconds for a confirming beep.

LordJezo,
According to "damaster" (who has 2011 CX9, in the thread I linked), the procedure is in the Owners' manual....
Did you read yours?

Yeah, looked through the whole book for door and lock info. Found nothing. Any idea what section it would be hidden under?

So I was wrong about the year of my car, it's a 2010. Forgot that.

Looked in the manual again in the door and lock section, nothing at all about being able to program it with the secret codes.

Loadjezo,
Did you get it to work? (though the OM might not have it)
It should be since the procedures work for 2010+ models.

I looked through the Key & Lock section of the '10 manual on mazdausa.com and didn't see it there.

Loadjezo,
Did you get it to work? (though the OM might not have it)
It should be since the procedures work for 2010+ models.

Yup, did the whole thing and it works beautifully.

Now I go around telling people I hacked my car with secret codes.

They are all impressed.

Back