2010 University of Maryland Spring Meet
hosted by College Park Tuning

* Thousands of different cars
Dyno pulls
BBQ
Live DJ
50/50 Raffle
Raffle Prizes

We will be asking for 1(or more) non-perishable food item per person as they enter the lot. If you forget to bring an item or prefer not to, we will collect a $1 donation on your way into the lot. All the donations collected from admission, food sales and the 50/50 raffle are going to be donated to Marthas Table (http://www.marthastable.org).

University of Maryland College Park Campus, Parking Lots 9 & 11
Directions to Campus

Date
Sunday, May 2nd, 2010

Time
Noon, 12:00 pm. If you show up before this time you will NOT be let into the parking lot

Food
BBQ, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs on the grill
Soft drinks and other refreshments

Dyno
$75.00 for 2 - 3 baseline pulls w/ A/F and printout
If you are interested in dynoing your car, please send an email to collegeparktuning@gmail.com . We are trying to have people pre-register for the dyno.

Basic Rules
1. No tents
2. No alcohol
3. No scandalous attire (this is a family event)
4. Chairs are permitted everywhere but a parking space
5. No saving spaces

The Last four years meets were great successes. Thank you to everyone who came out and supported us! We look forward to seeing you all again!

The meet benefits Martha's Table and needy families during the Spring/Summer when donations are at their lowest (people usually donate during the winter/holiday months)

Its for a good cause... Some of the cars are off the hook... Last yr I say 4 new GT-Rs, Porsche's, Lambos. You name it it was there.... And the females off the hook...

Its for a good cause... Some of the cars are off the hook... Last yr I say 4 new GT-Rs, Porsche's, Lambos. You name it it was there.... And the females off the hook...

I'd have to drag some people with me. There's nothing more awkward than going to one of those things and just kind of wandering around. Does sound like a good time and it's not that far from me however.

Sooo excited about this meet but alas as i look outside at snow still on the ground I can't help but feel like May is so far away...

doesn't seem like much interest here...might be getting a group of mazda people together...meet up before the show and try to all get in and parked together

Psh. s*** son. Road trips planned / completed for 2010...

Daytona Beach
VIR
Indy
Carlisle
Lime Rock Park
Asheville, NC

Besides, we were both at the Selbyville, DE meet a few years back.

so gr, or anyone else that has gone, ideas on the best time to get there? best to be there at 12? or a little later like 12:30/1 to avoid waiting in a line to get parked or something?

There will be a long line no matter what time you show up. It's going to be real bad from 12-1:30.

I think what most will do is show up early and wait in a location just outside of campus and head it at 12 since the university is not letting anyone in on the property until 12.

I'll be setting up a caravan from Lancaster and we may meet up with another caravan down outside of College Park. It's usually a mix of S2000, Miata and Tiburons that meet at the Home Depot about 3 miles outside the campus.

Pack a lunch since the lines for the food will be pretty long.

hopefully a few more people get interested in this! meeting up with other mazdas here if anyone wants to join! would be best to get me a name and/or # so we don't leave with out you and makes introductions a little easier

We will be meeting at the Hillandale Shopping Center, only 3 miles down 495 from Ikea. There's a Starbucks in the shopping center, so use that address to punch into your GPS if you need it. 10155 New Hampshire Ave. Silver Spring MD. We will meet around 11am and leave this spot at 11:20am to head to UMD. The lines will be long, and the later you get there the farther away you will park from the meet (if you can even get a spot at all). Last year even the overflow lot was packed, so I'm anticipating this year to be somewhere in between crazy and madness

1zejm6s.jpg

sounds good...this is going across several different mazda forums...important thing is just be there...hopefully by 11! i'll post any updates if anything should change...the list for now...may not really keep it updated but just to know there will be more than a couple people....just look for the mazdas and say hi! lol

1. Gina (me!)
2. ZOOM 3
3. beadoc85
4. TruboPower
5. blue08mz3hb
6. ZoomChas
7. crazyduckme
8. zoomzoom74
9. aminzer
10. CrystalShip
11. L3vzoomzooom

I would like to be a part of this meet.

If you want to park with the other Mazda owners, you might want to join one of the pre-meet spots. If you roll in on your own, they'll park you at the first available spot. If you roll in with the rest of the group, you'll park together (although at a random spot but at least everyone is together).

I did this last year. Parked at the HomeDept around 11:15. It was good. although we all got parked on the second lot. because the first was completely filled by 12:45 when we actually got in. Gr is right, Pack a lunch. I was in line for 90 mins. and being 90+ out did not help at all

Back