2009 Mazda 3 clear bra

CW

Your right about the 6 mils but that is the film only then theirs the adhesive adding 3 mils. Venture is the thickest standard film on the market. 3M bought Venture a year ago. Any paint protection film coverage is better than none at all. Cost to much to repaint the front end now a days. Dollar for dollar a clear bra is much cheaper then repainting.

I have an appointment to have this done on sat(hopefully it's not too late!) to my black ms3, i'll post pics once it's all done.

Last edited:
I have an appointment to have this done on sat(hopefully it's not too late!) to my black ms3, i'll post pics once it's all done.

Luckily with black you have the easiest color for a clear bra. it doesnt matter what film you get, it will be hard to tell its there or if its yellowing. How many miles do you have on your car?

just got it last thursday, 230 miles and counting. I drive to college everyday (20 miles each way) so I'm hoping the clear bra will help out with the rock chips.

just got it last thursday, 230 miles and counting. I drive to college everyday (20 miles each way) so I'm hoping the clear bra will help out with the rock chips.

perfect time to do it, I got mine with about 1000 miles on the car and already had some chips. My clear bra is holding up good but i notice the rock chips beyond the bra, I could only imagine how bad it would be without it.

if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? The best quote i found was $495 including headlight and fog overlays, is that a good price?

if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? The best quote i found was $495 including headlight and fog overlays, is that a good price?

thats low as hell, I paid $820 and every other quote I got was around $1000 if not higher. That leads me to wonder is that just the price for the film or is that including labor to install it?

I haven't put this on my MS3 yet, but did have it installed on my '08 Corvette. I found it to be well worth it for keeping rock chips from occurring. I used Rejex twice a year on it and there was no yellowing at all.

I haven't put this on my MS3 yet, but did have it installed on my '08 Corvette. I found it to be well worth it for keeping rock chips from occurring. I used Rejex twice a year on it and there was no yellowing at all.

Whats Rejex? I just wax it and clean it like normal. I skip the claybar on the bra itself though.

I use a leather bra for freeway driving and go braless around town. Bra was $110 and have only two rockchips in a little over a year of driving. Of course if the clear bra was a lot cheaper than it is now I would have gone that route.

Latest posts

Back