2007 Mazda5 flex pipe ?

JesseM

:
2003 Protege5
Hey so I have a hole in my flex pipe. The shop says the part has to be ordered directly from Mazda because it comes in all one big piece including the catalytic converter? And it's also not a standard sized pipe so they can't just weld in a new piece, which sucks. They said $2500? Seems a bit ridiculous?

Does anyone know where I can get an aftermarket replacement and have a muffler shop stick it in? $2500 is kind of nuts! ... (blowup)

I'm not sure which part to search for, like searching for the catalytic converter brings up results in the $500 range on ebay but I can't tell if it includes the flex pipe or not from the pictures or description. Any help would be appreciated!

I would check walker exhaust to see if they make a direct replacement. Yes, the converter, flexpipe and exhaust manifold are all one piece.

Yes, that part is shared between the 3 and the 5.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it... just before I order the part, is there anything special that needs to be done to make the Mazda3 version fit on the Mazda5? I found a slightly cheaper one that is at least partly stainless steel:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2006-2007-20...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6f194dd6&vxp=mtr

Does this look ok?

edit: Also found out Speedy Auto lied to me about not being able to weld in a universal flex due to the pipe size. Midas says its possible and they have done it before. They said the sub-frame needs to be dropped in order to cut out the old flex-pipe though, does that sound right?

Last edited:
I think the part you linked should work and I also believe Midas is correct that a replacement flexpipe can be welded in. Whichever option is cheaper is the one I would go with. Good luck with the repair.

Last edited:
Back