2007 Ac Compressor Failure

My ac dropped out at 35k-ish on my '07 cx-7....ordered another one from a salvage yard in seattle, had friend install it(in return he got a case of guiness) and had a shop clean and recharge my system. has worked fine ever since...but now my tran. is acting up :/ starts slipping in fifth...

Mine went out on my wife while I was in Iraq back in 2008. It was covered under warranty and have not had any issues since. I will say that it does not get cold at idle. RPM's need to remain between 1500 and 2000 RPM's

For those of you have had this problem...

My 2007 CX-7 just started a problem yesterday afternoon: it got the kids and me to the park fine, but two hours later when we left, it was making a baseball-card-in-the-spokes kinda sound (but much louder, of course), especially under harder acceleration (e.g., pulling out of the parking lot, accelerating uphill), and had reduced power until, I think, the turbo kicked in around 3000 RPM or so. I've been using the A/C frequently over the past two weeks or so, and used it on the way to the park, but not on the way home. The car sounded okay when I started it this morning, but a spin around the block revealed the same noise & reduced-power problem. (Of course, I'm 2,500 miles over warranty.)

So, is this what happened to y'all, too? Or do I have something else going on?

My compressor went out at 50k. I have an 08 model but it was built in 07. Cabin filled with smoke and the engine died. The only think we heard was the pieces of plastic breaking inside the compressor. The car ran fine as long as the air was off. I was past my warranty but I complained enough so Mazda paid for half of the bill. The funny thing is that all the parts were in stock.

I had the same problem, AC would not cool down at all, even had the dealer check the freon level (stated in was overcharged) and recharged the system to factory specs.
A week later, it is still not blowing cool air on 60 degrees with autoclimate control on.

Took it back to dealer, they could not duplicate the problem so they let it sit on in the sun til about 2pm (been having 100 degree temps daily for almost 2wks) and when the tech took it for a test drive, he said the compressor just went out on him???

This was 2 days before the factory warranty expired at 3 yrs with only 26k miles.

They installed a new compressor, clutch, belt everything.....but driving home it still was not cooling down with autoclimate control on complete auto and set at 60 degrees.
Called the service department and they said to let it run for few minutes on low fan setting, autoclimate OFF, and let it run for a few minutes before setting it to complete auto at 60.
well I tried this and it still didnt work so I decided to try to run at mid fan speed with temp control between 63-65 and let it run that way.
Lo and behold, it has been blowing cold for the first time since I have owned it.
I realize now that it wont work when set at 60 degrees and full auto ON, manually adjusting it works the best.

especially in this 100+ heat we have been having. I do believe I have had the auto climate control module adjusted a few yrs ago (TSB) but dont know if it needs to be
adjusted again.

mine JUST went out at 37k 1k over and mazda would not do anything about it since it was out of warenty so i ordered the part 351 and installed it myself... they did throw in a serp belt at no charge though... so far so good

I don't know if you were aware of this or not but Mazda does have an extended warranty up to 60,000 miles on the A/C compressor. I received a letter from Mazda saying they are having issues with the compressor. Let me know if I can help as in getting you a copy of the letter

I don't know if you were aware of this or not but Mazda does have an extended warranty up to 60,000 miles on the A/C compressor. I received a letter from Mazda saying they are having issues with the compressor. Let me know if I can help as in getting you a copy of the letter

Recently got a used 2007 cx-7 sport. AC seemed fine when we went on the highway. I think the dealer knew the ac works fine at higher speeds. Driving through the city it sucks. Seems to blow warm air. 42k miles. Any idea how to contact Mazda about replacing the ac compressor? I'm very pissed I didn't know this before I bought it. Other than that issue, seems to be a good vehicle.

this just to f/u from my post from aug 2010......as I usually dont come to this webside for various reasons.....but i know have 43k on my 07 CX7 and it takes getting used to the AC not blowing ice cold in high heat conditions.

The AC has been the only mechanical problem I have had with this vehicle since owning it aug 2007. I dont remember it being an issue last yr with record setting 100 degree heat here in Texas but will pay more attention to it this yr.

Just picked an 07 up today. Is there away to find out if this has been fixed on mine, or is it about to go out? 56K on it now and the a/c works, but don't know if it is original.

Thanks,
Ken

Just picked an 07 up today. Is there away to find out if this has been fixed on mine, or is it about to go out? 56K on it now and the a/c works, but don't know if it is original.

Thanks,
Ken

you can prolly call the dealer and ask to run the VIN to see if there were any repairs to the AC.

this just to f/u from my post from aug 2010......as I usually dont come to this webside for various reasons.....but i know have 43k on my 07 CX7 and it takes getting used to the AC not blowing ice cold in high heat conditions.

The AC has been the only mechanical problem I have had with this vehicle since owning it aug 2007. I dont remember it being an issue last yr with record setting 100 degree heat here in Texas but will pay more attention to it this yr.

ok update for Aug 2013...been having 100+ degree heat here in Texas and AC is not cooling down the cabin, maybe after 15-20 min after driving on the interstate, it gets better but not great. Just went over 60k miles and have ext warranty up to 100k.

took it to dealer, AC compressor fine but seems there is some TSB fix with a harness that is connected to keep the evap from freezing.
cost over $300 for parts and labor, Warranty will not cover it and after part installed, I see a little improvement.

AC works better while driving but when idling, the AC struggles.

Back