2006 Mazdaspeed 6 vs. 2006 Subaru Legacy GT spec.B (edmunds.com)

She's got a great personality
So get ready to surprise some folks with this inner beauty under the hood. Not many will know you've got 274 horses. Next to none would guess you could outrun a Nissan 350Z in the quarter-mile or whip a BMW 330i in the slalom.

Nice comparison...Very interesting points made...Like the one above...;)

Here we go again with the "octane creates horsepower" bulls***.

I've got a buddy who just ran a 13.8x with his just the other night! But that was with tires, seats, a cd player, headlights, cigarettes, and 3/4 of a tank of gas 0f 93. Stock god forbid! There ARE MS6's out there that aren't on the forum you know..Just because John Q Republican dyno'd X amount or trapped X speed means it's set in stone.

However, that was a good read.

what color were the seats on that one kyle? I think the MS6s around here are getting heatsoak on black interiors which is creating greater air density in the cockpit that leads to increased downforce which in turn is causing them to run with half inflated tires so the sway bars dont shoot right into the MAF.

slug420 said:
what color were the seats on that one kyle? I think the MS6s around here are getting heatsoak on black interiors which is creating greater air density in the cockpit that leads to increased downforce which in turn is causing them to run with half inflated tires so the sway bars dont shoot right into the MAF.

I've heard of this too.

BlkZoomZoom said:
Where did you come by this info?
Heatsoak has nothing to do with the powerloss SOME Ms6 people have been having. Personally we have sold 12 and not one complaint on that issue. And if the information coming through the grapevine is true, in the next couple of months their will no longer be an issue.

Would you care to expand on this "information" because I'm seeing the opposite as in more and more people with power loss issues. Whether it's heat related or not seems to be only speculation.

But, 6.1 when other reviews are getting 5.4-5.9? Even the Spec B has gotten better times.

If the MS6 is anything like the MSP, that 2-3 shift is tricky and not something a new driver is going to master the first few test drives which would explain some difference.

Back