2004 Mazda 3 CEL P0106

2000MAZPro

:
2000 mazda protege
Hey everyone, I know this has come up a few times on the forum but nobody seems to have an answer for this cel code. Last year this code would pop up on my car when it was wet or Cold out, but then go away quickly when things warmed up. Over the course of the winter it came on and then never turned off when summer came. Now I can't get rid of it. What is causing it? The car seems to run perfectly. I've cleaned the MAF. Some things I read say the Mazda3 has a MAP sensor, some say it doesn't. There seems to be a lot of confusion out there. I'm just looking for some people that have had this code and what they did to fix it. Thanks for the help!

Have you checked the MAF connector/wiring attachments and whether the wire itself does not have enough slack?

Yea, and from what I could tell it looked fine. Does this car have a MAP sensor? I think it's strange that there seems to be such conflicting information on this! Thanks for responding!

The quickest way to find out for sure may be to call a dealership parts department and ask what the cost is. That's what I'd do if I didn't have a factory service manual.

Yea that's not a bad idea....I have a feeling they will just tell me to bring my car in, run a bunch of tests, charge me a money and still not know what's wrong!

Back