2002 P5 problems

Hey guys, my car is dead and I believe it is either the starter or the starter relay. There is no clicking, no sounds at all....when I turn the ignition. Electronics work fine and battery tested good, so I know its not that nor the ignition. We've had a lot of flooding here and I almost stalled out one night driving home to find out...when I ran into it...that the lake overflowed on our road. I made it through, and that was about 2 weeks ago. We have had a little more flooding but not a ton, so I don't think it could be hydrolocked could it?? I looked at the online manual for removing the starter, but I just want to make sure before I pull all kinds of things apart. Do I need to completely unbolt the intake manifold and remove the battery mount to get to the starter?? It wasn't really clear and am a novice in training in mechanics. Thanks.

Second, a few years ago, I found a mod on here for making my electric windows work when the ignition is off. Does someone know an easy mod to make the cigarette lighter work when ignition is off as well? Makes it easier to charge my phone in a pinch.

Back