1987 Nissan Stanza

Breeegz

Looking for John Connor
Contributor
:
2003 Protege 5 -- 2016 Ford Expedition
What questions would you ask someone selling a 1987 Nissan Stanza (private party)

I have
Miles/milage?
why selling?
Major recent replacements?

Also, if KBB says $1000 max (private party) and he is asking $1500, where would you start haggling...

I'm looking for my Beata-wit-a-heata for the winter roads up here

Other questions would be why is he asking $1,500? And, does he know that blue book is $1,000? Then let the haggling begin.

My mom had one. Let's see, it was either an '87 or '88 and she had it for about 2 years, so '96-'98, maybe. It was a great car, the only issue she had w/ it and the reason she ended up getting rid of it was that once the car got over 65 mph, it would start to buck. Perfectly fine at lower speeds, and this didn't develop till she'd had the car for over a year and of course, no mechanic was able to duplicate it. I can't remember the mileage, but knowing my family, it was probably at least 150K before they got rid of it. Oh, and I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but it was an auto. It had working cruise, a/c and a power moonroof that worked and didn't leak.

yes.. I'm hoping to not drive my car during the winter, it gives me something to drive if I wanted to drop a turbo in, and my Wife can drive it during the summer instead of her gas guzzling Jeep

Has it ever been in an accident? Does it have a clean title? History of receipts for repairs and maintenance.

Breeegz said:
What questions would you ask someone selling a 1987 Nissan Stanza (private party)

I have
Miles/milage?
why selling?
Major recent replacements?

Also, if KBB says $1000 max (private party) and he is asking $1500, where would you start haggling...

I'm looking for my Beata-wit-a-heata for the winter roads up here

Back