Merry Christmas all. Been ordering lots of parts. Since the intake kit is on back order I have focused on wiring. I finally tracked down the proper https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned). This should allow me to wire up the heater switch properly. Not very exciting I know... but I've had the truck 5 years and every time I looked I could never find it. Since my initial searches I have discovered how many parts are shared with the Ford Courier and I am certain this one will drop right in.
In other news, I grabbed a second miata seat so I have the pair now. I ordered new Katzkin covers for them and placed an order for custom brackets from Wedge Brackets.
I also ordered new carpet. Done with the orange and going back to black. Easier to keep clean, and will contrast nicely with the new seat upholstery.
I'm trying to figure out what center console to use. I may end up building a custom console but I'm open to ideas. The miata console isn't bad, but I think I can do better.
Yes, it should fit in the kickpanel where the old relay box is. This box has the turn signal relay and wiper relays (which never worked anyway).
Otherwise I may experiment with putting it behind the passenger seat since the battery and old master fuse is right there. The box on the right is the old emissions control unit, that's getting thrown out.
The newer gray wires and circuit breakers are for the 7-pin trailer hitch. I think I can use extra circuits on the new fuse box for those. One for trailer aux power and another for trailer brakes.
Also, I'm going to install some audio equipment so I may put a fused distribution block here too.
Finished removing everything from the firewall while I wait for the rest of the wiring harness parts to come in. I couldn't get this ratty board out without pulling all the pedals, e-brake, and heater. The plan is to dynamat the firewall, cut a new board, and use new padding. With everything out, it will make installing the new carpet easier. I'm also cutting a new hole for the engine wiring harness in the center to keep the engine bay wiring clean.
Drilled and tapped the holes for bucket seats. Only issue is that I will have to remove the exhaust and heat shield to get the bolts in from the other side. I'll wait until I'm ready to install the seats permanently before I do that.
Since all the holes are placed I decided to get started on the sound deadening.