'19 CX-5 Sig. - 500 mile report card

dave: any chance you could do me a favor? can you measure the length of the seat bottom? I've seen this now in a couple posts and I'm curious how it compares to other cars. (I'll measure the seat bottom of my X3)

Exactly 20"

Are you guys going to be doing any performance mods/body kit?

No plans. The stock performance exceeds my expectations for an SUV and I'm not willing to risk the factory warranty. Next step might be to try Sport mode and 93 octane but so far I haven't even had it close to 4000 RPM.

Some earlier reports said that even the Signature edition didn't upgrade to LED turn signals. Is that true? The instant on/off characteristics of LED's seem to impart a premium look to a vehicle and ought to be cheap to implement from a manufacture's standpoint.

With so much torque and slower 0-60 than my BMW 2.0L, it gets less mpg...
Mazda needs to put taller 6th gear or a 7th gear for better highway mpg.

Some earlier reports said that even the Signature edition didn't upgrade to LED turn signals. Is that true? The instant on/off characteristics of LED's seem to impart a premium look to a vehicle and ought to be cheap to implement from a manufacture's standpoint.

Not sure about the other turn signal lights...but the ones on the side mirrors are LED (per Mazda website)

I have never noticed any MPG improvement after break-in period or after a couple of oil changes.

Just chiming in to echo this statement. I have over 16,000 kms and done two oil changes on my CX-9. MPG remains about the same as when I bought it.

Just chiming in to echo this statement. I have over 16,000 kms and done two oil changes on my CX-9. MPG remains about the same as when I bought it.

MY CX-5 improved after about 5000 miles. I went from ~22 MPG around town to ~26 MPG.

I think it probably has more to do with you knowing the vehicle better after spending time in it.

My new CX-5 Signature is slow to heat the seats too. Took Mom home tonite in 18 degree F temps. Balls instantly froze to the seat and it took about 5 minutes for me to start feeling heat through my jeans. After that the seat is VERY warp having to turn heat down from #3 (high) to #1 (low). Heated wheel is great. I hate leather.

It's been in the 30's and 40's. Even on the highest settings the seat heat is slow to actually feel. I would agree it's nearly worthless.

I think it probably has more to do with you knowing the vehicle better after spending time in it.

I've only had mine for less than a week and I'm already noticing it starting to feel more comfortable driving it. Feels like the engine and shifts are smoother but that's probably just me getting used to it. Not expecting the MPG to improve though (it's OK, not great by today's standards).

Back