'18 CX-9 and Fortin Remote Car Starter...Success!

The answers are correct for the most part. He is the one that need to program the lock unlock lock sequence. It is very easy to do but you need the module to connect to a computer and he won’t give that to you.

You cannot open the trunk with the remote while the engine is running. It is weird but that is the one thing that doesn’t work. But the unlock button on the keyfob and on the door handle still work.

Last edited:
Got it done yesterday. Trunk thing also doesn't work with my 2009 Accord remote starter. A small compromise and definitely not a deal breaker. Just have to open the door and push the trunk button on those cold days.

All in cost me $508 with tax here in Ontario and with no extra fobs. I did at Tai's Auto Image & Sound in Oakville.

Last edited:
You cannot open the trunk with the remote while the engine is running. I

Trunk thing also doesn't work with my 2009 Accord remote starter. A small compromise and definitely not a deal breaker. Just have to open the door and push the trunk button on those cold days.
Gen 1 with Compustar T9..... can open hatch while remote start is active. The only way it should work. :)

You can make the trunk work, just not with the OEM key fob. In order for the trunk to work you need an Aftermarket fob with AUX button (or any programmable button).

I am using dronemobile in conjunction with evo one. I can use my phone (or watch) with the dronemobile app and open the trunk at any time, whether the car is running or not.

All I did was wire a relay to the evo one aux wire. Took just a few minutes to do it.

Gen 1 with Compustar T9..... can open hatch while remote start is active. The only way it should work. :)
That’s not with the OEM remote though.

If you cannot use the OEM remote to do it without the remote starter you cannot do it even with the remote starter. No difference. Unless you use a work around (see my previous comment).

Does anybody use Fortin Evo One outside US, Canada & Mexico? I live in Indonesia and worry about the decryption (flashing/programming), will the code works for the international version of Mazda CX-9?

I installed the Evo One in my 2016 CX-9 a while back, I didn’t connect the parking lights simply because I didn’t understand the instruction, has anyone connected the parking lights with the t harness?

Attachments

• A1CEBF62-F0D4-4B5C-A2E6-FDCF135DF7DF.jpeg
    A1CEBF62-F0D4-4B5C-A2E6-FDCF135DF7DF.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 129
you just pull the light switch lever module straight out of its socket. the wires are in a little plastic box on the back of it. when you pull the thing out, make sure your steering wheel is straight, same when you put it back in so the clicker properly disengages in the future when you make your turns

You don't need to connect those wires. The car will flash the lights when remote starting anyway. They dont serve any other purpose other than to know when the car times out and shuts down.

I wired them into my 2019 cx-5 just because I could. In hindsight, no reason at to do it. It’s actually only used as a diagnostics purpose for which the lights can flash a certain number of times to generate a code for you to troubleshoot.

I did not wire them into my wife’s 2018 cx-9 and there is no difference at all.

Last edited:
I wired them into my 2019 cx-5 just because I could. In hindsight, no reason at to do it. It’s actually only used as a diagnostics purpose for which the lights can flash a certain number of times to generate a code for you to troubleshoot.

I did not wire them into my wife’s 2018 cx-9 and there is no difference at all.
So theoretically you could just add a small light inside somewhere and accomplish the same thing?

So theoretically you could just add a small light inside somewhere and accomplish the same thing?
Theoretically. But, there’s really not a lot that can go wrong. It’s really easy to set up the features firmware and decrypt. If something doesn’t seem right, review your settings, make changes and save them back to the device.

Help needed here. I currently trying to update the firmware & customizing the Evo One. However I cannot use the wizard mode in the flashlink manager (I choose 2021 CX-9 push to start), the apps keep referring me to use the pro mode.
I still trying to find the option of 3x LOCK or LOCK-UNLOCK-LOCK. Does anybody can find it in the pro mode?
FYI, the current Bypass firmware is 85.12 and Remote Starter firmware is 1.25

Back