'16 v55 Software Upgrade (Favorites)

KCSam

:
2016 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech
I upgraded at the dealership to v55 this past Wed after experiencing an issue with all of my favorites just randomly deleting. Last night, I was scrolling through my programmed favorites when I came to the last one in my SiriusXM group. Once I forwarded past that last station, it automatically tuned to my first AM station I had saved. What the heck?!? So now every time I come to the end of of my SiriusXM favorites, or AM or FM, for that matter, it takes me to the next group of favorites rather than cycling back to the 1st favorite as it did in v51.

I haven't seem anyone else report this issue on here. Anyone else who has v55 experiencing this? I was told that all of the changes in the upgrade were behind the scenes and not noticeable. This is definitely something noticeable and a hassle to deal with when cycling through favorites.

Hey KCSam, I have v55 and I can confirm what you are seeing. I'm not using XM at this point but my favorites do cycle between FM and AM. My only advice, when you get to your top XM, "thumb it" the other way (this evens out the button wear too :p).

Yeah, I guess that's the only option. That's what I was doing this afternoon. Don't see how they could miss that or not make reference to it in the upgrade notes (if notes even exist).

Good point on wearing out the forward button. This will get the back button some work and not wear out the forward one.

Yep, I have v55 also, and that's how it works. I actually prefer this system, because it scrolls through ALL of my favorites, not just those of a specific type.

I wouldn't mind it if I could program it to scroll through both SiriusXM and FM in the order I want, rather than waiting to reach the end of SiriusXM before getting to AM and then finally to FM. I listen to satellite radio 95% of the time, so I really have little to no use for FM or AM. Wonder if it would start back at the beginning of my favorites if I removed all AM and FM stations ?

I noticed this as well. Also, when you go to the favorites page via the "star button" and choose a station, it stays in the favorites menu, instead of going to the music screen like it did with v.51.

Alright, well here's an issue that's just not cosmetic in nature without a known work around - at least that I was able to find this morning. When listening to AM this morning, I reached my last station and went ahead and pushed forward. Thinking it would do the same as when I reached the last favorite of SiriusXM (switch to my first saved AM station), it didn't. Instead, it went to my last saved FM channel and ceased to play. None of my stations on FM or AM would play. The screen would show the channel, but no sound would come out. Only my SiriusXM stations would play. Even tried to do a scan on AM and FM, but that didn't work either. Not until I turned the car off and back on did the issue get resolved.

Anyone else experience this? I'm taking the car in tomorrow to get seat rails installed to resolve rocking, so I'll be sure to ask about this issue too. Definitely a defect that wasn't caught during testing.

I wouldn't mind it if I could program it to scroll through both SiriusXM and FM in the order I want, rather than waiting to reach the end of SiriusXM before getting to AM and then finally to FM. I listen to satellite radio 95% of the time, so I really have little to no use for FM or AM. Wonder if it would start back at the beginning of my favorites if I removed all AM and FM stations ?
I believe you can do this, just put your favorites in the order you want them to be in. It is possible to move them around after setting them. I have mine ordered by type (all FM together, XM together and from lowest station to highest station) but I'm pretty sure you scan set it up any way you like.

Alright, well here's an issue that's just not cosmetic in nature without a known work around - <snip>Anyone else experience this?
That's a new one for me. Haven't seen that at all.

Back