2013~2016 16.5 CX-5 Brake service quotes

I don't know what your roads are like down there in the winter, but up here they're subjuct to a lot of salt and brime (really bad stuff for a car as far as corrosion goes). Here are my rotors after my first pad change at 60k miles off of my 2014 CX5....I would not use something like these for a second set of pads..cooling vents are virtually clogged with rust and corrosion.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Exactly, I buy new rotors every time. Brake jobs are few and far between so I don't waste my time.

By the time you wear your pads to 2-3 mm you will cause your rotors to warp slightly. More so if you brake while turning instead of before entering the turn. Such a huge percentage is labor that turning might be few additional dollars. One more reason why my dealer offers it could be people just replace pads and with bad rotors they will squek and wear sooner.
Finally what you think on price*
Id always turn the rotors if the thickness is over the safety limit after the process and theyre not rusted like madars when I replace the brake pads. Usually Japanese rotors can be turned 3 ~ 4 times safely with OEM pads, but for much-softer Euro rotors theyre one-time use rotors. Turning the old brake rotors in excellent shape should at least smooth out the braking surface to match the brand-new pads better, but also remove the glaze usually will be there which would cause brake noise.

Standard procedure from any reputable brake shop will always include turning the brake rotors and drums which will be cheaper than getting the new ones.

If you dont want to pay high price on brake job from Mazda dealer, you should try Brake Plus getting a quote to compare. I believe theyre flexible if you insist using OEM pads. Of course Id always ask the brake shop if they know the maintenance mode is required for EPB and they cant turn the caliper piston as a friendly reminder. And in your case Id also want to flush the brake fluid based on your description from the rear brake caliper replacement when that Mazda dealer performed the TSB for you.

Back