15mm eibach spacers installed w/ stock wheels

This is a purely aesthetic mod, right? Bumping up your scrub radius like that would potentially do nasty things to torque steer -- have you noticed anything like that?

yes, it is mainly for aesthetics, but not purely. the wider track is a nice plus; i like the stock wheels but didn't like how far they were in the wells, especially when combined with some negative camber.

while going wild could definitely potentially flip the neg scrub radius, with this minimal amount, the benefits from the wider track outweight the slight reduction in negative SR.

this is incredibly negligible compared to what some of you guys are doing with wheel offsets, hehe.

i've noticed nothing negative so far. i've mentioned it on another forum that i'm still trying to pick up what is going on, but the car just feels better in some capactity...i just need to quantify how and it's hard without back to back comparisons. i didn't expect that from only 30mm total change, but it's there. it might be some sort of phenomenon with wheel rate, but i doubt that because i believe that would make the car feel slightly 'softer'. i just need more time and unfortunately i put the car away last night after washing it to wade out this snow.

Last edited:
It looks like the wheels would now contact the tips of the old lugs instead of the flat surface of the rotor/spacer, or am I missing something? The fit looks great btw!

The stock lugs, If I'm not mistaken, protrude into the "void spaces" on the wheels' mating surfaces (the "pockets" in between the areas that immediately surround the lug holes)...Sorry, I'm having a hard time finding the words to explain what I'm talking about...

Some wheel designs may not allow the use of these spacers, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
The stock lugs, If I'm not mistaken, protrude into the "void spaces" on the wheels, mating surface (the "pockets" in between the areas that immediately surround the lug holes)...Sorry, I'm having a hard time finding the words to explain what I'm talking about...

Some wheel designs may not allow the use of these spacers, as far as I can tell.

exactly! you got it : )

most wheel designs allow for this.

Eibach has taken this into account for their spacers; if you are using a type 4 studded spacer for the stock wheel on a given application, you can be assured it will work.

So what happened with you and drivewire? They don't have these in stock?

I wanna rock my stockers after it's powdercoated from time to time and this flush look is great.

So what happened with you and drivewire? They don't have these in stock?

I wanna rock my stockers after it's powdercoated from time to time and this flush look is great.

heh,...it wasn't pretty!

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123732513

evidently eibach will have them in stock again by 2/17 (i hope); so, at that point, eibach resellers like JSC will have easy access to them.

wow those looks great. thats a must get

thanks y0

i put on 1/4 inch universal spacers, but they are not hubcentric. Others have done this as well. I like the outward protrusion of the wheel to look somewhat more flush, tho 1/4 inch isnt enough and surely 1/2 inch would be nicer but cannot fit on the stock lugs.

I get the vibrations that i dont like and seems like I am getting that feel of unbalanced tires/wheels due to this. I really want to keep the spacer look but want to lose the uncomfortable ride quality issues. I have installed the same style spacers on 3 of my other cars without issues, so I don't know why the speed 3 is having the weird ride quality with them. I assume its that they are not fully centered, but not sure how that would really make a difference, unless its because the bore/center isn't resting on the hub in the middle and keping it smooth? Any suggestions?

Otherwise I wouldnt mind buying some studded 1/2 inch spacers, just not sure if i can find them out there being hub centric or if that would even matter.

i put on 1/4 inch universal spacers, but they are not hubcentric. Others have done this as well. I like the outward protrusion of the wheel to look somewhat more flush, tho 1/4 inch isnt enough and surely 1/2 inch would be nicer but cannot fit on the stock lugs.

I get the vibrations that i dont like and seems like I am getting that feel of unbalanced tires/wheels due to this. I really want to keep the spacer look but want to lose the uncomfortable ride quality issues. I have installed the same style spacers on 3 of my other cars without issues, so I don't know why the speed 3 is having the weird ride quality with them. I assume its that they are not fully centered, but not sure how that would really make a difference, unless its because the bore/center isn't resting on the hub in the middle and keping it smooth? Any suggestions?

Otherwise I wouldnt mind buying some studded 1/2 inch spacers, just not sure if i can find them out there being hub centric or if that would even matter.

this is exactly why eibach and H&R makes hub centric spacers. if you insist on using this type, you must use hub centric rings to adapt the hub bore of the spacers you have to the hub of your car. that won't guarantee that the spacers are even machined perfectly. there is a reason why generic non hub centric spacers are cheap as heck and the eibachs are expensive, you know what i mean y0 hehe

1/2" spacers are 3mm less than the spacers i use, so, that said, you should just get the spacers i use : )

hey man could you PM me some info on these? I went on the Eibach website and they dont show spacers as an application for our car. Size, price, where purcahsed? -thanks. Car looks much better with the spacers.

hey I just ordered these and it didn't come with what u used to tighten the spacer to the where the lugs would origionally screw on to (I dont know what theyre called but they look kinda like washers and screw on to keep the spacer stuck to the rotor). Did they mess up or do we have to go buy these?
Also, is this ganna rub with my bc coils? I can fit about a finger in between the tire and fender. Since I cant put on the spacers because I dont have all the parts, I cant lower it back down with the spacers on. It looks like its ganna stick out of the fender a good 1/2 inch to an inch instead of being flush with the fender like I want it to be but it might be just because its jacked up on one side of the car. any ideas? anyone who has coils and 15mm spacers? does it rub or stick out past the fender at all?

Last edited:
for those of you that don't know where to buy it (like me), go to the eibach
web site, and click dealer location. then go down to buy online. they're gonna give u a list of other sites. I took the time to look at all the sites, and only auto anything shopping and auto accessories garage had them. cause i want to buy aftermarket wheels, but i cant chill for awhile with the spacer. Hopefully this is useful. oh by the way bro, ur car looks sick with the spacer on the. thanks for the help.(2thumbs) (2thumbs) (2thumbs) (2thumbs)

for those of you that don't know where to buy it (like me), go to the eibach
web site, and click dealer location. then go down to buy online. they're gonna give u a list of other sites. I took the time to look at all the sites, and only auto anything shopping and auto accessories garage had them. cause i want to buy aftermarket wheels, but i cant chill for awhile with the spacer. Hopefully this is useful. oh by the way bro, ur car looks sick with the spacer on the. thanks for the help.(2thumbs) (2thumbs) (2thumbs) (2thumbs)

I just tried doing this. There is a diagram with 8 different designs of these things! Crazy!

I want the ones exactly like the OP has, that screw on to the original studs and have studs built in. I have some basic 1/4 inch spacers and not being hub centric they vibrate and I get more road noise and would prefer these hub centric kind

When going through the links on the Eibach website I found this model# on Summit racing website: EIB-906150271 for 15mm spacers for the mazdaspeed3, but they are $139.96 for only 2 of them! You'd be spending like $300 shipped for all 4, which is ridiculous :(

Last edited:
ya these things look great.
i saw madvillians with 25mm as well and now im debating if i should do 25 or 15 when i get my coilovers. i have 225/40 tires and im wondering if it would rub if i pretty much go as low a 1 finger gap if not lower... anyone know?

Back