15 Inch Wheels for 2012 M3 Hatch?

:
Mazda 3iT 2012
The original 16" alloy wheels are obviously fine for fair weather good pavement, but I'd like to have a different setup for slop and chuckholes. I'm pretty sure the 16" steel wheels from the SV/Sport will fit, but the brake calipers look like they have gobs of extra clearance and I'm wondering if there are any 15" steel wheels that will fit. Anyone have ideas? I think P185/70-15s would be awesome if they will fit.

I can do the tire math, the question is wheels. Do you know of any 15" wheels that will fit? As in what vehicle do I ask for if I go to a wrecking yard or a website like tirerack.com?

When I went from an iTouring to an sSport, I was unable to continue using my 15" setup and snow tires. I tried both some 15" cheap Sport Editions and some 15" steelies. Neither cleared the cleared the brakes eiher front or rear. With the iTouring I used 15"s in winter (OEM 16), and with the sSport I use 16"s in winter (OEM 17). The 2.3~2.5s just have bigger calipers and what not.

15" steel rims WILL in fact fit a 2010 Mazda 3 IF the car has the 2.0L engine and IF the 2.0L Mazda 3 in the US come with the same breaks as the 2.0L Mazda 3 in Canada.

I have successfully put on my old Protege wheels on the car with actually about 3/4" of clearance to the break caliper.

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 sport and 15" steel wheels will not clear the front brakes from experience, US version

Back