'14 Nav/Radio/Head Unit Petition for S/W Update!

Byakuya

Shiro Shinobi
:
2014 White Mazda 6 GT
Hey there!

With the help of Byakuya I've created a petition for all of us to sign, to get Mazda to update the firmware of our head units!

With all of the various issues and bugs we've faced, me, along with others, feel that it's rather important and necessary to get a software update.

Sign the petition located here!:
http://www.change.org/petitions/mazda-north-america-mazda-uk-update-head-unit-software-for-the-2014-mazda6

Get everyone you can to sign this! People interested in buying the car, people who own the car, or people who have owned the car!

This petition is also for people who own the 2014 CX-5! Which I know some of you have a wife/daughter/grandma/distant half-uncle that has one!

Let's influence Mazda, everyone! :D

This was posted on 6Club with my full approval in hopes that we can fix these problems. If anyone else has any major concerns/problems please let me know and I can contact the OP so he can change/add them.

Thanks for all your support, now let's get the votes in! :)

let us know what happens cause this is one of the most frustratingly stupid head units ive ever worked with. signed and wish i could sign 100 more times

Unfortunately, this petition assumes that the team who developed the software for the head unit still exists. Sanyo - reportedly its manufacturer - was recently acquired by Panasonic.

If that division was closed down or transferred it's entirely possible that we will never see an update.

Thanks for the signatures everyone, keep them coming!

Unfortunately, this petition assumes that the team who developed the software for the head unit still exists. Sanyo - reportedly its manufacturer - was recently acquired by Panasonic.

If that division was closed down or transferred it's entirely possible that we will never see an update.

True, but the software itself is Linux-based (according to TomTom), therefore SOMEONE at Panasonic must know how to work with it - HELL I'd work on it if they let me lol

<-- Programmer/Network Admin/Linux Geek

Thanks for the signatures everyone, keep them coming!
True, but the software itself is Linux-based (according to TomTom), therefore SOMEONE at Panasonic must know how to work with it - HELL I'd work on it if they let me lol

<-- Programmer/Network Admin/Linux Geek

I sure hope so. We also have to factor in that if such team were disbanded, someone else at Panasonic would have to take the time to familiarize themselves with the codebase. If it's really as bad as people say it is (I haven't taken delivery of the car yet), it might need quite a bit of refactoring to get something better out the door.

I really do hope they give us an update. It all depends on if Mazda is willing to throw money at cars that have already been sold. I've read a rumor that the Mazda6 is getting a new infotainment system for '15.

I'm mainly not getting my hopes up because of past experience. The people who threw together the software on the Kenwood KIV-BT900 in my current car couldn't code themselves out of a wet paper bag. The "updates" never fixed any of the numerous things that are wrong with it.

<-- Software engineer for a Linux embedded system in agricultural equipment using automotive technology

I just signed..... we need to add the cx-5, I have a 6 and cx-5 and they have the same system.

Right, the NB1 system is in both of those cars. I've posted this on here, MazdaForum, 6Crew, and 6Club - I figure that just about covers all the most active sites - but by all means, pass the info along.

Signed... I have had this car for 3 days and know the software is horrendous... Update would be nice but unlikely.

Signed. The USB interface is HORRIBLE, and always starting at track 1 (even though it's Elvis) is about to make me go postal!

Back