08 Mazda 3 Driver's Side Door Lock

Laura1268

:
Mazda 3 Touring
Help - my driver's side door lock stopped working yesterday. It still works with the key but not with the fob or door lock switch on the door. It works if I push the actual lock closed. A little research online makes me think the actuator needs replaced but I'm having trouble finding a part number. Can someone help with that? Thanks!!

I can't help, but my '05 is doing the same thing and I'm also looking for a fix. I took the door panel off and lubed some components, which seemed to have worked for short time. It's now doing the same thing.

Digging deep for this one!

I ran into this problem about 6 months ago on my '08, I think the lock mechanism may just not be terribly well made. I tried the lubing that I've heard suggested before, and it only worked for awhile.... I wound up taking it to the dealership and having the lock mechanism replaced. Can't remember exactly how much they charged to do it (had it done along with a major service interval and brakes), but I think the part was invoiced at somewhere in the $100-120 range.

Back