“Oil service required” Light malfunction on ‘19 Signature

It's in the manual for my 6.
View attachment 224189
Interesting that the Vehicle Engine Control Unit is referred to in passing (without the detailed procedure) on Pg 4-28 and 4-23 of the 2019 CX-5 Owner's Manual:

NOTE

-The wrench indication may display earlier than the preset period depending on vehicle usage conditions.
-Whenever the engine oil is replaced, a reset of the vehicle engine control unit is necessary. Refer to Maintenance Monitor on page 6-16

The manual instructs on how to reset the wrench via the Vehicle Status Monitor/Maintenance screen.
-Specifics are shown to reset generic "Scheduled," to reset "Tire Rotation," and to reset "Oil Change"
-No reference is made in this section to the Vehicle Engine Control Unit
-No reference is made in this section to the procedure your 6 manual cites

No reference is made anywhere in the manual to any secondary Trip Meter procedure.

Interesting that the Vehicle Engine Control Unit is referred to in passing (without the detailed procedure) on Pg 4-28 and 4-23 of the 2019 CX-5 Owner's Manual:

The manual instructs on how to reset the wrench via the Vehicle Status Monitor/Maintenance screen.
-Specifics are shown to reset generic "Scheduled," to reset "Tire Rotation," and to reset "Oil Change"
-No reference is made in this section to the Vehicle Engine Control Unit
-No reference is made in this section to the procedure your 6 manual cites

No reference is made anywhere in the manual to any secondary Trip Meter procedure.
Since the 6 was the first vehicle to get the digital gauges I suspect they didn't have all the details worked out yet so they had the 2 system reset. It would make sense that they would have this fixed in the 2019 CX5 with the same cluster, though.

Since the 6 was the first vehicle to get the digital gauges I suspect they didn't have all the details worked out yet so they had the 2 system reset. It would make sense that they would have this fixed in the 2019 CX5 with the same cluster, though.
I agree, except that the OP's issue is with his 2019 Signature.

It sure gets complicated, don't it?

Here’s the thread I started on my car’s issue.
Here’s the thread I started on my car’s issue.
Seems the Mazda connect said I still had lots of miles left when the gauges said I did not.

and the other difference is the “distance until oil change required” distance on my 2019 CX-5 Sig both read the same number. They both jumped from 2500 to 0 in one key start.

Probably a good idea to use Trip B odometer setting as a "backup" OCI.
I always reset Trip B myself when changing oil. I like knowing the gas mileage I'm getting after a change and long term.
If the system reset spontaneously I'd just check the. trip B and set a FIXED OCI on Mazda Connect for remaining mileage. (To reach 5-6k miles)

Pretty sure there's no oil sensor for the service reminder. Sounds like the computer that tracks mileage/time got reset.
I track mine manually so I don't care about the service reminders,

how about showing % of oil change in application? Isn’t there a sensor for quality of oil? If there is no oil sensor fix interval 1 year or x miles is applied will not fit to all drivers (short vs long distance). i would be really surprised if there is no oil sensor.

how about showing % of oil change in application? Isn’t there a sensor for quality of oil? If there is no oil sensor fix interval 1 year or x miles is applied will not fit to all drivers (short vs long distance). i would be really surprised if there is no oil sensor.

There is NOT an oil quality sensor. Period.

Back