Amber exclamation mark inside a triangle with number 1? 2021 CX-5

I have a 21 cx-5 gtr, and when the "oil change light" and wrench came on but another symbol that is amber with an exclamation mark inside a triangle with number 1 showed up on the left. Is this also related to the oil change? Please see photo.

IMG_9495.jpeg

Yes ... It's indicating there is 1 item on the "warnings and guidance" tab in the infotainment screen.

In your case, oil change is due. (Edit to add ... There's probably something else besides the oil change due )

Last edited:
It is likely related to the oil change due message. The 1 is likely the number of active warnings. Refer to your Owner's Manual:

On page 607, it tells you how to access your warnings. Page 611 details the warning light in your picture, basically saying that it's a master warning light that in this case, is related to your oil change warning. After you do your oil change, you would reset the warnings and oil change interval in the infotainment settings. This procedure should be detailed in the Mazda Connect Owner's Manual.

Yes ... It's indicating there is 1 item on the "warnings and guidance" tab in the infotainment screen.

In your case, oil change is due. (Edit to add ... There's probably something else besides the oil change due )
This is my 3rd change at under 10k mi. I dont remember seeing that triangle with number 1 lol.

“Vehicle warning messages” says none. If I click “maintenance details” says only oil change.

Attachments

• IMG_9498.jpeg
    IMG_9498.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9497.jpeg
    IMG_9497.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 28
This is my 3rd change at under 10k mi. I dont remember seeing that triangle with number 1 lol.

“Vehicle warning messages” says none. If I click “maintenance details” says only oil change.
Outstanding! You had me scared there for a moment!

Btw have anyone with 17’ to current gen cx-5 see the amber exclamation inside triangle with NUMBER 1 when oil change is due?

It is likely related to the oil change due message. The 1 is likely the number of active warnings. Refer to your Owner's Manual:

On page 607, it tells you how to access your warnings. Page 611 details the warning light in your picture, basically saying that it's a master warning light that in this case, is related to your oil change warning. After you do your oil change, you would reset the warnings and oil change interval in the infotainment settings. This procedure should be detailed in the Mazda Connect Owner's Manual.

So “master warning light” is shown every time there is maintenance/issue but the Multi Info Display (“oil change due” with wrench) actually tells you what the issue is it seems.

But how do you know number 1 is the number of issues like oil change for me?

Thanks

Last edited:
You can always clear the message by going to Applications -> Vehicle Status Monitor -> Maintenance -> Oil Change (in your case) and increase the Distance. 1 is for one item. If you had tire change due and oil change at the same time, two items, you should see number 2 in the triangle: two items requires your attention.

You can always clear the message by going to Applications -> Vehicle Status Monitor -> Maintenance -> Oil Change (in your case) and increase the Distance. 1 is for one item. If you had tire change due and oil change at the same time, two items, you should see number 2 in the triangle: two items requires your attention.
I cleared the "oil change due" and set it to auto, since it seems auto goes by time + mileage. Last oil change done at 6,900mi 1/2023 w/600mi left, this time 9,941mi 3/2024 w/381mi left.

Most importantly thanks for clarifying number 1 = 1 issue, number 2 = 2 issues but am I the only one not seeing this is the owners manual lol.

edit
As indicated early by me, “master warning light” is shown every time there is maintenance/issue but the Multi Info Display (“oil change due” with wrench) AND Vehicle Status Monitor (infotainment display) actually tells you what the issue is it seems. So if number 1 lights up, the Multi Info Display can also tell you what else is the issue other than "oil change due" correct?

Last edited:
I cleared the "oil change due" and set it to auto, since it seems auto goes by time + mileage. Last oil change done at 6,900mi 1/2023 w/600mi left, this time 9,941mi 3/2024 w/381mi left.

Most importantly thanks for clarifying number 1 = 1 issue, number 2 = 2 issues but am I the only one not seeing this is the owners manual lol.

edit
As indicated early by me, “master warning light” is shown every time there is maintenance/issue but the Multi Info Display (“oil change due” with wrench) actually tells you what the issue is it seems. So if number 1 lights up, the Multi Info Display can also tell you what else is the issue other than "oil change due" correct?
I just change my oil and rotate my tires every 5,000. Makes keeping track of it super easy, simply by looking at my odometer.

Latest posts

Back