What have you done to your Miata today?

Little coffe road trip today with the Mass Miata club

Attachments

• 9DB2DD75-6ED7-478E-A08E-5D0D7590B640.jpeg
    9DB2DD75-6ED7-478E-A08E-5D0D7590B640.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 72
Installed the Carbon Miata Spyder Grill today. Removing the bumper wasn't too bad. My biggest fear was breaking one of the tabs on the bumper sliders but that was easy compared to trying to remove the wire clips for the bumper markers and fangs. To keep that stealth look, I painted the bumper support and the metal part of the Marco Tornado air horn with Rustoleum Canyon Black in a satin finish.

Ghost - CM Spyder Grill Install - Marco Tornado Horn1.jpeg
Ghost - CM Spyder Grill Install - Marco Tornado Horn Painted1.jpeg
Ghost - CM Spyder Grill Install - Bumper Support (2).jpeg
Ghost - CM Spyder Grill Install - Bumper Support Painted.jpeg
Ghost - CM Spyder Grill Install - Complete1.jpeg

Attachments

• Ghost - CM Spyder Grill Install - Bumper Support.jpeg
    Ghost - CM Spyder Grill Install - Bumper Support.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 75
Picked up some parts for my NA, new/used carpet for the cab and trunk(trunk didn’t have any?), new used but nice center console.
I’ll be cleaning then dying the carpets to freshen them up.
pics to follow

Freshened up my new old carpets for Smurf. Little black dye and a sponge, almost like 1992!😆 Came out fine!

Attachments

• 77FA95D6-BF70-4AC4-A798-C0412CCB3DE7.jpeg
    77FA95D6-BF70-4AC4-A798-C0412CCB3DE7.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 1343ADCB-5914-4DB6-A736-EB1E78C4FA6B.jpeg
    1343ADCB-5914-4DB6-A736-EB1E78C4FA6B.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 63
Replaced the drivers side front wheel bearing with a RX8 version. Wasn't too bad of a job. Found a youtube vid that showed a better way than using a slide hammer or banging the F--- out of it.

Worked quite well.

I tried to use the horn this morning when someone cut me off pulling out of a gas station but it failed. When I got to the office I pulled the 7.5a and 20a (since I have the Marco Tornado air horn) fuses and both were ok. My next thought was that I may have bumped a connection when I installed the CM Spyder Grill. So I got down and looked through the grill and found the horn laying on the plastic liner?! It looks like the main horn bracket rusted in half as part of it, with the bolt, is still attached to the body. Guessing that when it fell, a connection came loose resulting in the failure this morning. At least I found it now as I have it scheduled for a state inspection this Friday.

*edit - confirmed that the bracket rusted in half

Last edited:
Can you get to it without taking the bumper off? I got to mine through the wheel well (horn crapped out)

Yeah, I installed it without removing the bumper. It was a pain though as I removed the center pan when installing. This time around I am thinking I can get by without doing that.

I got the stock horns installed after getting home from work, so I am good to go for the state inspection on Friday. My arms are a bit sore as I finagled my way around in the center of the grill between the bumper and plastic liner. Not a lot of wiggle room.

Better pics showing where the bracket failed. Thoughts? Also posting a pic of a third connector that I don't recall what it connects to? Both OEM horns are installed and plugged in and work but this one has no home....that I can find. I covered it with electrical tape and ziptied it to the support in front of the rad. I circled it in blue and the connected horn is circled in red.

20220824_175751.jpg
20220824_175808.jpg
20220824_174116.jpg

Back