Mazda CX-5 2.2D 2015 battery management system fault

Hallo, I have a Mazda CX5 2.2D from 2015 pulling up a battery management system fault on the cluster plus a little orange triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle, the i-stop also flashes and the car starts lazily in the morning.

I changed the battery and put a new one and the fault went away only to return a few days later with the same symptoms and lazy start up in the morning.

Im not sure what the issue might be, thinking maybe the alternator or something.
Your help will be appreciated thanks.

If you have i-stop system, then, you need a Q85 battery w/ programming reset by dealer.
There is a procedure out there by some owners, but I am not sure if that will work for you.

Anyway, if you have systems like iEloop or iStop, you need a Q85 battery. (see owner's manual)
It needs a reset by Mazda Handheld computer....
Dealer could charge you up to $500... part + labor.

@ Ceric...I did get a new Q85 battery, i understand the reset needs to be done however i still don't understand the lazy start up in the morning with a new battery(one and a half weeks old) and im sure its on its way out as this morning it was even lazier than usual

Your alternator could be on the hairy edge, and not charging fully. I think many parts stores can test for this (call them first) or your dealer should be able to. If the alternator was dead, so would your battery (and car) be by now.

It could also be a bad (new) battery. That does happen.

@ Ceric...I did get a new Q85 battery, i understand the reset needs to be done however i still don't understand the lazy start up in the morning with a new battery(one and a half weeks old) and im sure its on its way out as this morning it was even lazier than usual
As RedBaron suggested, it could also be the alternator.
Or, the lack of programming reset.
If you can find the procedure online (or on this forum), I will give it a shot if I were you.

Back