5 tire rotation AWD

2019 CX5 signature (AWD/TURBO)

Best 5 tire rotation pattern? How frequent?

EDIT: 5x full sized All terrains
235/60/18 nitto nomad grapplers

Last edited:
Here ya go.

Attachments

• 1DE1B6E7-DDB1-47C8-B439-C723F01B49EF.jpeg
    1DE1B6E7-DDB1-47C8-B439-C723F01B49EF.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 114
I really don't think it matters much which one you swap originally. After the first time, I would make sure to keep track in order to maintain a FILO schedule.

How frequently were u rotating?
Technically Mazda recommends rotation every 5000 to 7500 miles.

On my old Ford brands, when running winter tires and switching summers there was no rotation... It usually worked out to about 6500 miles. Just marked RR, LR,RF and LF on the winters before storing.

When running my All terrains all year round on Ford's, my rotations were more like 8000 to 10000 miles. Unless your retired, very hard to keep up with constant rotation(s).

Is the 5th tire your spare in the car? How did you fit it in the small space for the donut spare?
It is a fullsized 5th wheel/tire for when i go on long trips. I’m still researching but am thinking of getting a hitch mounted spare tire carrier

For around town and daily, i just keep the stupid donut in my garage lol

This is what is recommended on my GX 460 (150 series LC Prado)

It has a full time AWD system with a torsen center diff.

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 4.36.51 PM.png

Follow the mazda manual that carpe diem posted in post # 2. Throw your spare on the right rear and follow the manual. That is for 90% of the tires.

Only unidirectional tires (v-shaped grooves) like a nokian snow tires or Michelin cross climate, etc. get rotated straight back to front ... and front to back. Also asymmetrical tires like a nokian wr4 all weather would also go back to front / front to back.

But all regular tires which is almost 90% of tires will follow the crisscross method in the Mazda manual. Just sub your spare onto the right rear...

Interesting.. my old Maxima and my current 07 G35x also suggest front to back

Funny ...I've just done the same on my CX-5 over the years with no abnormal tread-ware. I do run snows (Blizzak) in the winter as well

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 6.05.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 6.06.27 PM.png

Interesting. My Ford's SUVs were always crisscross just like the Mazdas.

Also are you rotating FWD or AWD?

That make a difference too.

Maxima was FWD, G35x (AWD but RWD biased) and 460 are AWD. Infiniti tries to run in RWD when it can.. the 460 like my old Explorer always has significant ratio of power going to both axles.

I had a '96 Ford Explorer 5.0L AWD and they did recommend criss cross there. Interestingly different 5 tire rotation that my 460

11.png

Back