What have you done to your CX-5 today?

What are you guys buying with your stimulus check? Probably going to finish out my ultra racing chassis bars (2 mid braces)

just lowered my car today! looks better now with small gap.
Eibachprokit mazda cx5.jpg

I've been thinking about putting together a flight simulator PC. i bought a 4k TV and a HDMI 4k adapter and it works as long as I only have one monitor but it seems to have a tendency to freeze after a while. I might get another tower for this.

CCDD76A7-2D71-4550-A8CB-86635687F69B.jpeg

I installed a megan racing strut tower bar. took it for a short drive and i want to say that side to side transitions feel better, maybe a little bit of confirmation bias(?). a solid bar would have been preferable but this was cheap and in stock.

I've been thinking about putting together a flight simulator PC. i bought a 4k TV and a HDMI 4k adapter and it works as long as I only have one monitor but it seems to have a tendency to freeze after a while. I might get another tower for this.

I have a yoke, rudder pdel, radio stack, multi panel, and throttle quadrant. As a commercial pilot I can use it for instrument practice (although I rarely do)

Simulators seem to be excellent for that. I wonder why state DOT s don't use them for driving tests and teaching.

I have been looking at a CH yoke/ w most of the other things combined. The rudder pedals are on there too for about $200.

I have seen setups with 3 monitors but I haven't figured that out. I think it would be good to have one monitor for the instrument panel.

Simulators seem to be excellent for that. I wonder why state DOT s don't use them for driving tests and teaching.
The state of Virginia was (is?) working on them. I was in the DMV maybe 5 years ago and University of Virginia had a beta simulator there, with a student asking folks to test it out and share their impressions. I gave it a shot. It was OK, somewhat "clumsy."

I would not trust them to be a perfect evaluator of someone's skills, but given how low the bar is set in order to justify issuing a license, I'd say it was ":good enough."

Decided to buy a Corksport Short Ram Intake. Allegedly good for 8-12whp from 4000rpm to redline, supported via dyno graph, as well as allowing more audible turbo noises. Might be just what I need to edge out that Mach 1 a little longer, lol!

Decided to buy a Corksport Short Ram Intake. Allegedly good for 8-12whp from 4000rpm to redline, supported via dyno graph, as well as allowing more audible turbo noises. Might be just what I need to edge out that Mach 1 a little longer, lol!

I really wish they would build something to integrate with the OEM "snorkel" air intake. The snorkel actually does pull air in from the front grille area, while the CorkSport intake is just pulling ambient air in from around the filter. I believe the increase in performance is a combined result of fewer bends in the larger diameter piping, the less dense filter media and the increase in the filter's surface area (sucks air in from all around the cone vs. through a 8x10"(?) panel filter).

Still love the intake, but I know the product can be improved in some ways.

I really wish they would build something to integrate with the OEM "snorkel" air intake. The snorkel actually does pull air in from the front grille area, while the CorkSport intake is just pulling ambient air in from around the filter. I believe the increase in performance is a combined result of fewer bends in the larger diameter piping, the less dense filter media and the increase in the filter's surface area (sucks air in from all around the cone vs. through a 8x10"(?) panel filter).

Still love the intake, but I know the product can be improved in some ways.
Supposedly they are looking at a box that will block most bay heat. They saw no real change in intake temps with a moving car, as-is, though. I discussed this with them and its largely a non-issue, especially as the intake charge hits the intercooler and all, anyways.

Supposedly they are looking at a box that will block most bay heat. They saw no real change in intake temps with a moving car, as-is, though. I discussed this with them and its largely a non-issue, especially as the intake charge hits the intercooler and all, anyways.

That's good to know, straight from the horse's mouth too. I like that about CorkSport.

It was only a matter of time. Next year car will be lowered and full bolt on and chassis bars

I checked the oil level and tire pressure cold, and then took a 40 mile peaceful drive while enjoying my 2014 Touring CX5. Ed

It was only a matter of time. Next year car will be lowered and full bolt on and chassis bars
That would void the warranty. I am not about that, lol! No, my next car will probably be a PEV. I want to keep my CX5 GT-R until it becomes a financial liability. It does everything adequately. My 2015 was the definition of a compromise. This thing actually does exactly what I want. I think it should last me 150-250K miles, and then I will go PEV, as by then the kinks should be worked out and they should have some decent range.

That's good to know, straight from the horse's mouth too. I like that about CorkSport.
yes, I asked them a TON of questions about this SRI. Synopsis:

-Heat of under-hood air doesn't matter, functionally.
-A/F trims are not a problem, the ECU can tune for this by itself, no tune needed, and no lean/rich condition vs. stock exists.
-The added power is because of less restrictive airflow and more airflow, not like some older cars that were tuned pig rich and the freed up intake simply leaned them out and was a "ghetto tune". This car tunes for itself, and the power gains are purely from increased airflow.
-It should bolt right in for the CX5. It did gain a legit 8-12whp on the dyno, no "tricks" used like tightening the straps or any BS.

I am waiting on trap-speed increases in the vehicles tested, and if provided, it will be interesting. I project 1-1.5mph increase, which is legit.

Back