Remove dealer decal from CX-5 rear

It shouldnt void your warranty. Your warranty is through mazda and not the dealer. The dealer i bought mines from doesnt put their decal on any of their cars. Just the license plate frame. I used fishing wire and goo gone.

Cleaned the area on a nice hot day. Used my finger nail to gingerly remove all letters. Rubbing alcohol to remove the glue, then a polish to shine it back up again. 10 min total.

Don`t do that ! when the logo`s went off, you hit the laquer and make scars !!! Better is to use floss-rope (the kind you clean your teeth with !!!!) Simply place it behind the logo`s and then tear left right left right..............so you can`t touch the laquer...and the logo`s went off..........after that you clean the laquer with some glue-remover and than wax and seal the area...

Last edited:
Most probably meant clearcoat man, he's in Holland so the English may differ :D . I bought our CX-5 at Faulkner Mazda in PA and they put these tiny individual white letter decals. Now that was a b**** lol sitting there trying to remove these tiny letters. Used a tiny bit of Goo Gone to remove any sticky residue left behind, no scratches or anything left behind.

Actual like mine with the dealer name on it, since I don't like my closest mazda dealer I don't mind advertising the one where I was treated right and who gave me a great deal.

This.

Feel the same about my local dealerships too, especially the one that got me to leave work early to come look at the liquid silver I requested, only to find it didn't exist and they were trying to talk me into a different color/trim. I'll be taking my new CX-5 to the service department at the local place and hope they make special note of the sales location when they change the oil :)

My cx-5 rear emblems removed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 254
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 250
Back