My experience with EBC Sport slotted/dimpled rotors.

SoonP5ismine

Contributor
:
2003.5 MP5 Laser Blue Automatic (SOLD)
You must be logged in to see attachments!
DSCF9267_2.jpg
DSCF9266_2.jpg
DSCF9261_2.jpg
DSCF9251_2.jpg
DSCF9249_2.jpg

As you can see from the above pictures these rotors did not last long. They were on my car for exactly 3 years and just happen to have 30679 miles on them. From my experience with EBC I do not recommend these as the rust is extreme. Before I installed these I had PowerSlot rotors and those lasted longer, installed April 9 2006 with 47400 miles and replaced with EBC Sport on June 12 2010 with 110296 miles = 62896 miles on the Powerslots! PowerSlot lasted twice as long. PowerSlots also lasted about 15000 miles longer than my original Mazda rotors. I have been using the same Hawk HPS pads on the PowerSlot as on the EBC Sport. I think I know why Powerslot lasted longer. PowerSlot are actually made using Brembo blanks. Will attach a pic on the next post as I am only allowed 5 pics per post. PowerSlot which is owned by Centric cut the slots into the Brembo rotors to make them slotted and PowerSlot is born. So I will never again use EBC and to be honest I am not planning on using slotted rotors either. The braking performance is not very noticeable but brake pad wear is. The only positive aspect of slotted rotors I noticed is performance in wet conditions where the slotted rotors did regain good braking when being wet as the slots help them channel water way from the rotor surface quicker. Slotted rotors are noisy and add some vibration to the calipers.

Last edited:
You must be logged in to see attachments!

PowerSlot rotor is a Brembo blank.
DSC_1182resize.jpg

Last edited:
Back