Need Opinions on rim..?

SpicyTarzan

:
Mazdaspeed protege
Going on my Spiced MSP 17x7.5 +35 offset?
What do you guys think?

MSP RIMS.jpg

Last edited:
This is as close as I could find. It's a red car..

Personally I think its going to look like s***..
You need a really fast car to pull it off and not be a Ricer..

scaled.php

Here is Yellow..
Takata_Green.jpg

Last edited:
True just trying to do something other than black like everyone else. And blue rims were to much like florid gators colors lol any other ideas? That s2000 has the exact same rims!

No they are not.. I'm pretty sure those are "RAYS" and are Forged Aluminium Racing Wheels...

They are worth more than your car sadly..

82 000 Japanese yen = 983.59 U.S. dollars EACH

Last edited:
They're the same...just a knock off. Exactly why there's no point in paying more IMO.

I'll take Mountain Lightning over Mountain Dew, same taste, 2/4 the cost :)

^ This is true, however does cost outweigh gains? At ~$1k PER wheel..HELL no, especially with a Protege.

The gains that you would noticed would be marginal and would not at all be worth the money.

Can you guys help me with getting my tires stretched I'm gettin the rota P45r 17x7 what size tire would I need to get a decent stretch no to extreme

^ This is true, however does cost outweigh gains? At ~$1k PER wheel..HELL no, especially with a Protege.

The gains that you would noticed would be marginal and would not at all be worth the money.

In Your Opinion...

So you think that taking 40 Lbs off of the Rotating UnSprung Mass of a car will have a "Marginal Effect" on the performance...

I guess you don't have to put winter tires on and off each fall/spring... Trust me, anyone who does this each year notices instantly.

Nope. No winter tires here.

I believe you'll feel a bit of improvement in handling but not so much in speed. Especially with just 40lbs.
Even gutting your car (300-500lbs) will not yield great results...it will yield a faster 1/4 time, but not by much.
The general rule is 100 lbs takes .1 second from your ET

So you think putting two adults into the back seat of a protege during an Autox event will have no noticeable effect?

Rotating mass is not the same as someone riding in the car. You often hear the term "unsprung" to mean it is weight that is not carried by the springs, but there are other items like cams, crankshafts, and flywheels that are rotating yet still "sprung" so its not really the same thing.

Rotating mass not only has to be accelerated forward like a passenger in the car or a battery, but also requires angular acceleration. Wheels, rotors, tires, and flywheels, even lugs can make a big difference in acceleration. In fact, the faster the car accelerates, the more energy is wasted spinning parts. There was a very good write up done on Probetalk probably 15 years ago now calculating a fairly precise measure of hp saved with a lighter flywheel in each gear. And while the rpm of the wheels are much less than the flywheel, the concept still applies.

Is it worth the cost? On a protege? Probably not. Even if it is 15hp in first gear, there are much cheaper ways to get it. $4k lightweight rims are for racing teams that need to eek out every last drop of performance.

So you think putting two adults into the back seat of a protege during an Autox event will have no noticeable effect?

If you look at his sig theres what appears to be a honda in it. That should be enough said :p JK JK JK

Back