New member here!

Cosmic Wonder

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey all! Just thought I'd introduce myself since I plan on sticking around a while. I live in Vancouver, B.C. and a few weeks ago I picked up a 2003 P5 with 98500km on it and in pretty good shape from a local dealership here. It was noted that it needed a water pump going into the purchase so I had a significant discount for that to be replaced and worked it into the price and I had that replaced along with the timing belt before I picked it up. Few minor blemishes in the paint that I'll take care of shortly but other than that I love the car. It's totally stock, 5 speed.

I'm not new to car forums or tinkering with cars at all. My first car 15 years ago was a '94 Cavalier Z24. Yes, I know, a Chevy. But it was an awesome car, and the last year that they put the 3.1 V6 in them. Loved the car but had an opportunity to move on to something else, a 2000 Civic SiR (Si for the US folks on here). Again, amazing car. Didn't do a lot to it, tinted windows, short shifter, a fully built stereo I did myself with Alpine head unit, Clarion Pro Audio components up front, Alpine Type S 6x9's in the back, all powered from an Alpine amp, and Type S sub in the trunk. Sounded incredible! I come from a background in avionics so wiring and stuff is no stranger to me.

Had no plans to move on but stumbled upon a car I'd always wanted to drive....Mazdaspeed 3, this particular one being a 2008 model in Cosmic Blue Mica (hence the username lol). Problem is I fell in love with it instantly and knew I had to have it. My girlfriend actually talked me into it! So, in September of 2010 I drove home in my new car with 19000km on it. Only thing I did to it in the time I owned it was install a few LED lights and Rally Armor urethane mudflaps that I got in a group buy I set up on another forum.

And then it happened....I proposed. And I quickly realized something had to give to allow the wedding to happen so I told my girl that I wanted to sell the car to pay for the wedding. After she shed a few tears, she understood and supported me in selling it. So I quickly started looking for a replacement for the Speed and knew what I wanted....a P5. And I found one just how I hoped. And I love it (even if it's a few horses less than the speed3 lol).

Plans for the car are 15% tint on the back half, followed by motor mounts, TWM shifter, knob and boot, and then start building up a stereo comparable to the one in the Civic. I still have the sub and amps from that car so bit by bit I'll add to it. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and glad to be a part of a forum that has so much knowledge to it, hopefully I'll be able to add to it lol.

Anyway, a picture of the Speed3 and my new baby, in Midnight Blue Mica. Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC_4035.jpg
    DSC_4035.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 653
  • Protege5.jpg
    Protege5.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 640
Cool story! Welcome to the forums. I'm pretty new on here as well.. :) I'll introduce myself shortly! :) Was a MZ3 guy too :)

Back