front and rear rotor sizes...

wools

my mp5 needs new rotors all around, and i was gonna replace them myself. just wondering if the front rotors are the same size as the rears, or if i need to look specifically for a front pair and a rear pair? any help would be appreciated. thanks!

The fronts are vented, the rears are not. Cheapest I found was Centric Ctek rotors from Amazon, ~$70 free shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I emailed Centric a few days ago about the difference between their C-Tek and Premium rotors, this is the response I got:

Centric Parts owns StopTech and Power Slot. All Centric Premium, StopTech SportStop, and Power Slot rotors are designed and engineered in-house, then Centric supervises strict manufacturing processes at the foundries. They specify their own casting and manufacturing technologies. All parts are double disc ground, balanced, match the OEM vane designs and are E-coated (electrostatically applied black finish to all non-swept surfaces). The Centric C-Tek rotors do not offer all these OE features and benefits, most notably the E-coating, and are designed as entry level products for customers on a strict budget.

I'd stay away from the C-Tek stuff. Rockauto has a good selection of rotors, you should check them out.

EDIT: I'm a sucker, keep reading...

Last edited:
They are just trying to upsell you. C-Teks are double disk ground, mill balanced, and even have e-coating insides the vents.

They are just trying to upsell you. C-Teks are double disk ground, mill balanced, and even have e-coating insides the vents.

Huh, it looks like you're right *facepalm*

Well, rockauto has the C-Tek rotors for $13.84 (rear) and $16.57 (front). $60 for 4 rotors ain't bad :D

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the difference was.

Also rockauto charges a ton for shipping, making Amazon cheaper if you use their free shipping option. Free shipping is super slow, took ~10 days for me to get them so it isn't a good option if you are in a hurry.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the difference was.

Also rockauto charges a ton for shipping, making Amazon cheaper if you use their free shipping option. Free shipping is super slow, took ~10 days for me to get them so it isn't a good option if you are in a hurry.

Well, thanks for the info. It's gunna save me a bunch of money when I change my brakes.

my rear rotors can probably handle another resurfacing at this point. but they've been through EBC pads and Hawk pads and both have severely grooved the heck out of the rotors. would the premium coated rotors offer any advantage over the c-tek or are they both the same rotors just with and without coating?

would they hold up better than the OEM or should i look for another more expensive rotor? thanks.

I'm digging this bad boy up because I don't think anyone answered the question, are the front and rear rotors the same size so we don't have to look for individual pairs?

5-lug front:
attachment.php

5-lug rear:
attachment.php

centric part numbers. i just ordered Centric Blank Non Coated Rotors from tri-point engineering (forum sponsor). they do not contain the small bolt hole that normally makes installation a breeze. pictured it would be the smaller top hole in the center. will have to break out hammer if removal of these rotors are necessary in any future project.

Attachments

• 12045048.gif
    12045048.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 949
  • 12045049.gif
    12045049.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 923
Back