New MSP Owner

jfn10

:
Matte BLK MSP
Hi guys, Ive been meaning to post on here since ive been lurking the forums for the past 5 months but been busy with school and work. Anywho I bought a yellow msp january 31st and I love it, I have owned a couple civics, wrx and an my last car was s2000 but Ive always wanted one of these so I got rid of the s2000 and found a good deal.
of course the car had its problems that I have been reading about on the forum.
1. Wheel bearing replaced
2. The clunk in the back( if some one can point me the right direction where to buy the parts, lost the link)
3. I go thru at least a quart of oil in a week and half, there is a leak in the turbo( o line I believe, doing that this weekend if work permits it) but could that be the Cause????

So I was irresponsible and bought these little things for the car:
( phone pics sorry)

Attachments

• car 1.jpg
    car 1.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 172
  • box rim 1.jpg
    box rim 1.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 158
  • rim 1.jpg
    rim 1.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 164
  • coilovers 1.jpg
    coilovers 1.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 163
So I was irresponsible and bought these little things for the car

"Once taken, the modding path to the dark-side ( spending big $) is easily followed and consume you it will...(rei) Master Yoda

It's not too late for him is it fellas? :p

Nice buy & welcome to the forum...

Nice stuff dude. Most people would shake their heads at you for selling the wrx and s2000 for an MSP but I applaud you for going with what you wanted regardless of HP numbers. These cars are very fun to drive.

Nice stuff dude. Most people would shake their heads at you for selling the wrx and s2000 for an MSP but I applaud you for going with what you wanted regardless of HP numbers. These cars are very fun to drive.

THIS^^

Welcome to the club man!

it could be the oil line. i think im loosin alot of oil cause of my turbo burnin it up tho

I shake my head for you selling the WRX and S2000, but I love my MSP and have no plans to get rid of it! :) Welcome to the forums, congrats on the new car!

thanks for all the kind words guys. The wrx was a great car but just to bulky for me, the s2000 is my favorite car ive owned but insurance was crazy cause of my tickets. I've had my eye on the msp since it came out, so I thought I would build a nice dd out of it.
thanks again guys

what good quality intake would you guys recommend and I want to upgrade the exhaust and downpipe to open it up for better flow for the turbo but I hate and i mean hate loud ricey exhausts. Also what are things I should look for to see If I have a bad turbo. thanks

injen, aem, weapon r and turbohoses makes intakes. take your pick. most run the injen. as for the exhaust i would recommend the corksport, tey make 2.4" and 3". they make a 2.4" downpipe as well. if you want a 3" dp, there is a group buy going on the forums now. good luck

thanks guys, what about for a bov, what pipes do I need or would you recommend, I want to run the hks ssqv and I know I would need to relocate the maf sensor.

street unit, weapon r, and turbohoses makes hard piping. the street unit ones look the best imo. i used to have the weapon r pipes before i uigraded to the fmic.

I really need to fix what going on with the turbo or why im going thru so much oil? any suggestions, I ve done the search but Im still thinking it is just the leak.
Again Thanks for all the help and comments will post pics soon with the drop and rims

street unit, weapon r, and turbohoses makes hard piping. the street unit ones look the best imo. i used to have the weaon r pipes before i uigraded to the fmic.

thanks, but I was thinking if I waste the money on that, shouldnt I just wait and upgrade to a FMIC?
thnks

you can get an upgraded smic as well. but yes i would recommend an fmic,

Welcome! Like the rims!
What about the GHL full TB exhaust? I have never heard it but I plan on getting it when I get an exhaust. Anyone else have/heard this exhaust?

INJEN INTAKE AND VIBRANT EXHAUST AND IT SOUNDS LIKE HE HAS CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE good luck

Back