i got two hard pipes but one problem

mine didn't... most would call it too small though.

best assembled pic:

picture.php

s*** atlest you have one, ill be going the smaller size too maybe if someone dont have a bigger one that will not cut the bar then ill get that one

My kits don't require any cutting of the crash bar. The max intercooler height without cutting the bar or having it hang below the MSP lip is about 6". 3rd & 4th pics have the crash bar cut to make the intercooler sit higher, but it shows the length of the intercooler well.

Attachments

• 100_4093.jpg
    100_4093.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Phone pics 007.jpg
    Phone pics 007.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 90
  • go kart 012.jpg
    go kart 012.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 89
  • gfh 041.jpg
    gfh 041.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
could someone direct me to the right forum for a cracked hot pipe. Been looking for an upgrade and was wondering if someone could help me out

If you're looking to replace it with a hard pipe, there is one on eBay right now but is a bit more costly than I'd pay personally.. or you can get another stocker. Just post in the Protege For Sale Section in the WTB (want to buy) and state that you are looking for a hard hot pipe to replace your stocker.

Have you upgraded yours to a hard pipe? And is that the only pipe you would upgrade cause ive seen hot pipe kits made from alluminum (3 part) and i dont want to buy another pipe if there is a likely chance of the other 2 cracking since the turbo-intercooler one has already.

It is common for the hot pipe (turbo/intercooler) to crack at the nipple that attaches to the bpv hose. You can upgrade to a FMIC which is all hard pipes, or get a hard pipe set that consists of the hot pipe and cold pipe. I'm in the process of designing one, but for the most part they're pretty hard to find unless you buy used or the Weapon R kit. You may have been thinking of the intake as the third pipe.

It is common for the hot pipe (turbo/intercooler) to crack at the nipple that attaches to the bpv hose. You can upgrade to a FMIC which is all hard pipes, or get a hard pipe set that consists of the hot pipe and cold pipe. I'm in the process of designing one, but for the most part they're pretty hard to find unless you buy used or the Weapon R kit. You may have been thinking of the intake as the third pipe.

This is incomplete as far as options go. Just because YOU don't carry it doesn't mean its not an option.

Theres also the Samco Silicon hot pipe, and you can still buy the SMIC hard pipes from a number of retailers last time I checked. Also, you could get your own custom hard pipes made at an exhaust shop.

Aside from all this, we've wandered pretty far from topic here and this isn't the proper place to address this.

i already have the hot and cold HARD pipes like in the title.

As far as options, I was thinking of HARD pipes (I usually think of aluminum), not silicone. It has nothing to do with whether or not I offer them as to what options are available, I was giving some quick advice to find them without having to spend a lot of $$ and buying used is a good way to go for that and I also noted they were hard to find.. maybe I should have added "used". I'm sure they're plentiful if you want to pay a good amount of money for them though, but when I think of options, I try to think of the most affordable options. To the poster that started the thread jack, as I said, check in the FS section as there is an SLS hot pipe over there for sale now.

This is incomplete as far as options go. Just because YOU don't carry it doesn't mean its not an option. Theres also the Samco Silicon hot pipe, and you can still buy the SMIC hard pipes from a number of retailers last time I checked. Also, you could get your own custom hard pipes made at an exhaust shop.

Last edited:
To the OP, for the HKS you can always look on eBay for an HKS if you don't find one on here.. just watch out for the fake ones.

Buy your fmic kit from Jenn (Metallic 36). I bought my exhaust from her, and was completely satisfied.

Just remember when you install your bov on your cold pipe, relocate your MAF to the cold pipe and put the MAF between the throttle body and the BOV. Otherwise you'll have stalling issues whenever you let go of the throttle.

Also, think about running recirculation mode instead of vta. Healthier for the car, and gets rid of turkey. I don't know if VTA helps with turkey. Can anyone enlighten me on that?

Back