painted Intercooler cover

it was a pain in the ___. I took masking tape and a knife I had when I used to do models, Just taped up the lettering and cut around the letters.
easier way, for me, was to clean the cover and set it in the sun to dry. while warm, I carefully slid a chunk of candle wax that had hardened on a glass table across the letter faces.

I then primed with krylon fusion plastic paint and shot down this gay (bright) color scheme.
afterwards, I rubbed the paint off the letters with a scotchbrite

popped the mazda emblem off prior to painting, I am up in the air over what if any, color to paint it be fore I put it back on......................Gloss black ??

reshooting the whole show black mica is what I think I will do, I musta been delusional when i did this

Attachments

• IMG_4365.JPG
    IMG_4365.JPG
    462.7 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
ahhhh. much better

easier way, for me, was to clean the cover and set it in the sun to dry. while warm, I carefully slid a chunk of candle wax that had hardened on a glass table across the letter faces.

I then primed with krylon fusion plastic paint and shot down this gay (bright) color scheme.
afterwards, I rubbed the paint off the letters with a scotchbrite

popped the mazda emblem off prior to painting, I am up in the air over what if any, color to paint it be fore I put it back on......................Gloss black ??

reshooting the whole show black mica is what I think I will do, I musta been delusional when i did this
isnt nice how the GT's cone with color matched underhood covers??

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 206
Back