Official shift knob thread

Here is my weighted Sparco knob on my MP3.

my%20mazda%20007.JPG

mazdaspeed shiftknob on kartboy shifter

does anybody have the mazdaspeed shift knob + kartboy short shifter? i got the combo, the knob and "mazdaspeed protege" model short shifter from kartboy. if you see my previous post, the shift pattern on the knob lines up perfectly. after a few years of use the knob gradually got turned into the position its in now (see attachment). i cant figure if its a problem with the threads on the knob, or the shifter, or something else. performance of the shifter and driving ability has not been affected but just looks awkward.(dunno)

has anybody else experienced this? thanks.

Attachments

• PIC-0013.jpg
    PIC-0013.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 245
^^^ The knob probably has nylon threadings or something like that. I can't imagine you've worn down steel threading unless you're really shifting hard (you don't have to!). The only solution I can think of is to add some small washers under the knob until the top is where you want it when tight.

well im not shifting hard (although the kartboy bushings do give a mini workout), but the nylon threading could be the reason. washers might do the trick.
-meGrimlock

rip off very small tissue and roll into wad, put it inside the knob and then just tighten. if its tighten and its not aligned, add or reduce tissue.
got that from CRSX

I'll be honest...I had this problem with my Greddy despite tightening it down hard and then applying the top sticker correctly aligned. I ended up putting a few drops of locktite on the threads...no movement since. Of course, who knows if i will ever be able to get the knob off again...

does anybody have the mazdaspeed shift knob + kartboy short shifter? i got the combo, the knob and "mazdaspeed protege" model short shifter from kartboy. if you see my previous post, the shift pattern on the knob lines up perfectly. after a few years of use the knob gradually got turned into the position its in now (see attachment). i cant figure if its a problem with the threads on the knob, or the shifter, or something else. performance of the shifter and driving ability has not been affected but just looks awkward.(dunno)

has anybody else experienced this? thanks.

speedknobs004.jpg

brushed aluminum voodoo sn (shortest)
speedknobs007.jpg

stainless twm classic (shorter)
speedknobs006.jpg

FB twm desert eagle (short)
speedknobs005.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a bit late to the party & at the moment my knob is stock.... Has anyone come up with thier own design? I like the way mine feels & I'm thinking about seeing what I can come up with.

anyone with a tiptronic have an aftermarket knob?

no but i know a friend with the mazdaspeed shift knob on his automatic mazda cx-7 :)
and look at alexcited i think hes got mazdaspeed shiftknobs on his cars well i think the minivan

Back