What have you done to your MSP today?

I still don't see how this would help though, after a good 30-40k miles that gasket pretty much bakes itself onto the head and won't come off very easily...if you permatex it on there that just aids to the headache at that time

if you pull the manifold after 5-10k miles you should still be able to reuse it, I've reused it plenty of times without any issues

I just don't see how this will help at all

eliminates hassle of putting it back on.. Plus the permatex aids in sealing the gasket to the head.. Ensuring air tight seal

is it really a hassle to place the gasket on? Its not that difficult lol

sorry, not trying to be an ass, I just REALLY don't see the point in basically gluing your gasket on...I've only once had sealing issues with that gasket, and thats cause I didn't examine it before I put it on lol

with the thermal spacer, do you run a gasket on the head and the IM? i've had one for years that i never used, so i figured it'd slap it on when i put my IM back on...just no clue if i need a gasket on each side of it or how that would work.

ive only got the gasket on the head side... and i get no leaks.. its actually reccomended to use only one or if 2 are used.. use the crap ass paper ones

edit.. i dont see much gains with it.. i just know it does help the intake temps

edit.. also tried to take a pic of that area.. totally impossible for me to get a clear shot without unhooking wiring harness...

Last edited:
Likewise, i only used one gasket with my spacer. On the head side, no leaks. I can't really say if i saw a gain or not since I put it on the same time as a 626 mani. I did however like the small amount it moved the TB made it clear the master cylinder.

When changing out my trans mount the other day I ran across this clip.... what would the previous owner installed that would tap in location?

Attachments

• DSCF1037.JPG
    DSCF1037.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 156
When changing out my trans mount the other day I ran across this clip.... what would the previous owner installed that would tap in location?

that line is for the secondary o2 right?

It's been so long since I saw under my hood I can't remember >.<

if thats the case, possibly an o2 clamp for an ems?

some ppl complain of fitment for the EGR.. i had no problems.. had it done and the mani back on in 15 mins

yea you shouldn't have problems since the fitting is so damn long lol

that line is for the secondary o2 right?

It's been so long since I saw under my hood I can't remember >.<

if thats the case, possibly an o2 clamp for an ems?

Nope, thats not it... that 02 sensor is on the other side of the block and its the to the primary 02 either. To be honest im not sure what it leads to but i know its not the 02 sensors.

wha? my secondary o2 harness runs in front of the block then goes to the back of the block to where the sensor actually is

nice pics...love it without the spoiler and with the 03 fogs.

today i...
finished wiring up my gauges...installed the switch and led for the LC-1 in the blank cap next to the fog light switch...installed the a-pillar pod...i have 1 more wire to connect...and everything is sitting right there...all i had to do was clamp it in, but it was time for dinner...i attached the spreadsheet i made for reference...yeah, that was a b****!

i bought some quicksteel and a M10 bolt to finish up the vtcs removal...now all i need is a tap!

i'm only missing 5 gaskets before the install can be completed...throttle body, intake mani, ehaust mani, s-pipe to j-pipe and the gasket for the cat-back. i also need the appropriate fittings/hoses to hook-up the oil pressure sending unit...hose for the oil return line from the turbo (i ordered one, but apparently mazda thinks that 1.5" of line is long enough?)...and hose for the radiator to the SLS t-stat housing.

my original plan was to have it completed THIS weekend...but apparently there isn't enough time in 2 days for me to get it done...kinda hard with 3 kids. BAH!! i want my car back!!!!!

Attachments

• gauge wiring.xls
    22 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
ha!....i spent most of the day saturday working on it...and then i looked on here and saw where you remove the bolt by loosening it from the passenger's side...yep, i'm a moron...i had tried EVERYTHING to try to break it...from the driver's side. i decided to take the intake mani off and get to it that way.

Back