Any cold air intakes...

kls2000

I see on the K&N website they have CAI for the 2006-07, but nothing listed for the 08. Just curious if the 06-07 (which also is the same part number for the 06-07, Mazda3) would work on the 08 Mazda5?

Also, for anyone that has installed a CAI all by itself, has there been any improvement in anything? (gas, acceleration, sound) or any negative effects?

Thanks

I have an '07 MT with one. Just call K&N to ask about the fit. I couldn't tell you if I feel any improvement as I put it on as soon as I got my 5.

In my previous cars, Saabs and 4Runners, I have always had a bit better acceleration, gas mileage and emissions.

They do make a "growling" sound under acceleration.

Attachments

• A1CAA6EBEFB045DDA7424F12D811768C.jpg
    A1CAA6EBEFB045DDA7424F12D811768C.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 319
well for me i have a fujita CAI and i have noticed alittle bit better gas mileage,lot better acceleration, sound is loud "growling" when gasing it with mine but i like it lots, here is some pics

Attachments

• P1150229.JPG
    P1150229.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 261
  • P1150233.JPG
    P1150233.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 305
Here are some shots of mine

Attachments

• caidown.jpg
    caidown.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 287
  • caidowntube.jpg
    caidowntube.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 267
  • caiTB.jpg
    caiTB.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 271
  • caifilter.jpg
    caifilter.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 230
  • caiwheelwell.jpg
    caiwheelwell.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 278
Do you guys encounter any CEL on K&N / injen / Fujita etc? Planning to do this but worry about CEL. Wanted to know which one to choose without CEL

Check Engine Light

Shouldn't get a CEL unless you don't disconnect the battery and make it re-learn its curves. If you don't disconnect, it might freak out due to the massive increase in intake air! :D

Ryan

Last edited:
K&N Vs Injen cai...

Since they basically do the same thing and probably perform identical, doesn't it then come down to the filter and how you have to clean or replace it?

I know the K&N needs to be cleaned and lasts a trillion years... but what about the Injen?

The Simota CAI I carry is only $114.00 shipped...I sell tons of 'em...
and I also sell the Outerwears water-repellant filter covers for $20.00.

Will the factory warranty be voided if i have the CAI installed? Typhoon is looking great.

I asked my technical advisor at my first oil change and they don't seem to be crazy about modifications. The first guy said ''ok, probably'' when I asked him if installing a cold would be ok (about warranty). Then he went to an older guy that said no. In Quebec, Canada, it seem to depend a lot how friendly you are with the dealership and the advisor. I don't think I will do anything before getting to to end of the warranty (in 4.5 years (freak))

Back