What have you done to your P5 today?

Yup, already got a tank full of 93, i know i only need 91, but that's all the station had.

As to mileage, I will report after a tank or 2 and the ECU learns.

Also, just downloaded the PDF on how to remove VTCS so I will hopefully try to get to that this weekend, since the MP3 doesn't have VTCS in it's intake mani

Also, Rockin, your P5 an auto? If so, No go on the MP3 ECU, it's for 5 speeds only

Lets see.

$.3 more per gallon than now X 12 gallons per fill = $3.6 more per tank.

X 6 fills per month = an extra $21.6 bucks per month in just gas.

Already not looking good for me.

i will say i think i noticed a jump in mileage just by running 93 octane in this tank. made it 100 miles from half to quarter.

That was with stock ecu

You guys ready for the Dumb question of the day!... here ya go... drum roll please(band)... can i just replace the msp ecu with the pro ecu as a straight swap even thought mine is N/A. Sorry...(dunno)

negatory...
You guys ready for the Dumb question of the day!... here ya go... drum roll please(band)... can i just replace the msp ecu with the pro ecu as a straight swap even thought mine is N/A. Sorry...(dunno)

You want to install a MSP ecu? It's only good if you have a turbo.

If you are making a MSP into an N/A car and removing turbo, you can install pro5 ecu.

Not sure what you're asking

thanks so much man!

No problem

Drove to work and contemplated HID's some more. I am getting tired of my current light output......one stock bulb and one Osram Silverstar.

More than likely I will also be ordering some General Exclaim UHP's in either a 205/50 or 205/40 for her next week.

Joo need me to post stock compared to silverstar ultra compared to HID's? Joo know joo want em! lol

Take it easy Jeff! I'm out!

You want to install a MSP ecu? It's only good if you have a turbo.

If you are making a MSP into an N/A car and removing turbo, you can install pro5 ecu.

Not sure what you're asking

oops just realized that you did mp3 not msp. im the dope. (boom02) so what you did was take a protege ecu and install it in the p5. this is suppose to increase the power a bit on a p5!?!? what kinda increase we talkin here? or would it be better just to chip a p5 ecu?

Its an ECU from a MP3 protege, not just a regular protege. The ecu andvances timing and you gain around 10hp.
oops just realized that you did mp3 not msp. im the dope. (boom02) so what you did was take a protege ecu and install it in the p5. this is suppose to increase the power a bit on a p5!?!? what kinda increase we talkin here? or would it be better just to chip a p5 ecu?

Its an ECU from a MP3 protege, not just a regular protege. The ecu andvances timing and you gain around 10hp.

not quite that simple, you also need the no VTCS MP3 ECU, or to at least do a clean removal on your VTCS.

The biggest gain is that it REALLY smooths out the powerband :)

Myself and Nick havn't removed VTCS, which, I am guessing is holding us both back, but, I do plan to remove VTCS.

No problem

Drove to work and contemplated HID's some more. I am getting tired of my current light output......one stock bulb and one Osram Silverstar.

More than likely I will also be ordering some General Exclaim UHP's in either a 205/50 or 205/40 for her next week.
i'd neva have anything but HID...they are awesome!

Question?

Anyone with an auto...

My lights on the transmission console aren't working. I noticed them on one time, then when I hit a bump, they turned off. Something might be loose. Anyone know how to take the cover off and get to the lights? I don't want to break anything.

Attachments

• Trans1.JPG
    Trans1.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 189
Anyone with an auto...

My lights on the transmission console aren't working. I noticed them on one time, then when I hit a bump, they turned off. Something might be loose. Anyone know how to take the cover off and get to the lights? I don't want to break anything.

Open arm rest, pull up on e-brake surround and remove, pull up on the back of the shifter surround then remove and work from there.

Back