What have you done to your Miata today?

unevenness shouldn't be a problem. I'm eventually going to make rocker covers as part of the whole aero package. But that's for later ;)

So WTF? I disconnected the airbag module (the 1 with 2 big plugs), now it won't STOP beeping. It's just a constant 'tone' like when the door's open with the key in. I got sick of it so I just unplugged the buzzer. Good news is no more annoying door buzzer and the air bag light's not on anymore HAHAHAHAHA

Still confused as to why it wouldn't stop the tone....

FADI: I think with a little bondo and some elbow grease you'll be looking good. But then again, I can't see it from here soooo.... ;)

EDIT: For the record, being underneath the dash of a miata is quite possibly the most uncomfortable place I've ever been. Man that sucked.

I'll second that. I can't stand being under the Miata's dash. I get frustrated every time I do.

As for the airbag module, that's really weird. Once you unplug it, the light should stay on and the buzzer shouldn't sound.

Maybe mine's wired backwards. The light's off and the buzzer stays on LOL

EDIT ok no it's not. Light on, AND buzzer. WTF? whatever...

Last edited:
Forgot to mention... Put the car on the rollers today. Made 104.6 hp and 94.something torque. It's an improvement, but a guy running STS2 with a bone stock engine ran 105.something. All that tells me is his is either ridiculously healthy, or I really need to build an engine for mine because it's really tired. My guess is option 2.

I originally pulled the relay from the fuse box...I noticed that the light was still blinking, so I went ahead and pulled the bulb from behind the gauges. Solved.
As for the buzzer, yeah, I did that too.
Kev, I will look for that module when I go back to the shop....i need to do something asap about the ride and the ride height.
If it continues this way...I may just get the Tein Basics...

I may do something like this in the Summer...plus my front bumper is f**ked up anyway...so I may have the body shop do something different...

Last edited:
Anyone have the use for an extra pair of STOCK NA headlights?
If not...I'm gonna ebay them.

Muff...what's it gonna cost me (if anything) for that rear lip?

Too cheap to buy a set of tow-hooks with the proper 2" inside diameter? Here's what I did while waiting for paint to dry... And yes, the inside diameter is 2.25" ;)

Attachments

• towhook1.JPG
    towhook1.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
not show quality in the least, but good enough for a track beater :) Pain't isn't perfect match, but then again the car is 3 different shades anyways, lol

Attachments

• gotrust7.JPG
    gotrust7.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 167
quick 15 minute project; made a brace for the seat back. It was rubbing against the roll bar, I'm a big guy so I needed the seat as far back as possible for the room. and untill i get a full cage designed for seats, it'll have to do. pretty solid now.

Attachments

• seatbrace.JPG
    seatbrace.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 164
Yeah dude, I'm on it, chill out. For getting a piece for free + shipping, you sure are a pain in the balls :p

It's already in the back of the car, I'll have it sent out today or tomorrow.

Had the new/old rims and wheels put on and an alignment and corner balance for the new coilovers. So nice to be off the snows. Drove home top down in the sun after a long day at work.

Going to be a great summer

cool deal. Any pics of the car as it now sits?

I replaced the radiator on Sunday after the autocross with a legal (read: stock) one. Had to get a couple pieces of hardware to finish the job on Monday. Topped the fluids up and tried to get as much air out of the lines as possible. Ran it today just outside of the garage to get it up to temp so the thermostat would open up and start flowing the new stuff. It was funny watching the bubbles forcing coolant out of the fill neck on the radiator. Once the bubbles stopped, I topped up the rad and put the cap on to get the system up to pressure. The fun part was it started idling funny. I've seen air in the coolant system cause this in the past, so I was a little miffed as I couldn't figure out a way to get it out. Apparently what happens is the air flows passed the thermistor (temp sensor) and totally screws up the reading, so it gets all whacked out for a bit. It would do normal > 250rpm > normal > 250rpm, alternating every second or so. Sounded like I put a cam in it ;)

Posted on m.net and the general consensus was to take it for a drive to get it good and warm. Once it builds pressure, any air should burp out through the overflow pipe. Went for a top down drive to get some fuel (it was below E after the autox lol) and go for a spin. Had fun on a couple of on / off ramps and took the long way home. It appears that the solution worked as the idle is fine now. Hopefully it stays that way.

Anyway, here are a few pics of the new wheels. Yes, the car's dirty as sin. At the autocross, it was still wet in the morning so all of that dirt is now on the side of the car

IMG_1314.jpg

15x7.5_6UL_195_b.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

Rear fender clearance w/ 195 bridgestones and 2 degrees of camber
IMG_1317.jpg

mmm, hotness
IMG_1315.jpg

Andrew...in the 2nd pic above it appears that your car is leaning to the left a bit...or is it just me?

Andrew...in the 2nd pic above it appears that your car is leaning to the left a bit...or is it just me?

The road that goes by my house is on a down-grade. Apparently I over-compensated. It sits flat

Looks great Andrew!! Only pic I have so far

Attachments

• web (Small).jpg
    web (Small).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 168
Back