What have you done to your P5 today?

Did 105ish coming back home on the highway (4th gear pull).

And yes, this was on a computer that everything was all computerized and there was no harm to me or any other humans, since it was on a computer. The location was on the moon.

w00t! Actually got some work done today! Finally installed the Progress rear swaybar with the AWR endlinks. I tried to install them as to allow for the least amount of stress on the bolts and for the bar to be as close to horizontal as the control arms would allow it. Also FINALLY changed my transmission fluid to some Redline MT90 - been needing to do that for almost a year now. Lastly I changed the oil - no big deal but apparently I have the strength of ten men when it comes to putting on an oil filter - that bastard wouldn't come off until I had to rig up a "rubber, wrench-grip thing". All in all a good day. Haven't really had the time or the opportunity to test out the swaybar but at least the rear end is tight again (LOL!).

Hopefully tomorrow will be a 626 IM swap (again) as well as helping a fellow Mazda forum member tear down his MSP to get ready for a build.

It's only the hood clearance that prevents the EDFC from being used on the P5's.

Lame! (rant)

After driving up to the GF's parent's house and back today (~200 miles total), the Tein's felt great! A little stiff over bumps, but that is to be expected. Did great on big dips @ 80 mph. No bottoming or rubbing.

Seafoamed the engine, Changes the plugs, oil and cleaned the K&n filter.

Also, installed the set of yellow fog light bulbs i've had sitting here forever :D

Painted the valve cover, did VTCS removal on my spare intake mani. Putting it in next weekend.

Attachments

• DSC01104.JPG
    DSC01104.JPG
    554.9 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC01103.JPG
    DSC01103.JPG
    571.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Painted the valve cover, did VTCS removal on my spare intake mani. Putting it in next weekend.

Nice job on the Valve Cover. Mind doing mine LOL i'm going red as well. Also, to save me the trouble, mind explaining VTCS and the advantages of removing it?

nice looking engine bay there. I need to be getting mine that clean. now i vote for you to get headers to clean everything along with that nice new valve cover!

I did nothing to her... went out side and just looked at the pile of snow that she's barried under and went back in the house.

(F'ing hate this weather)

Nice job on the Valve Cover. Mind doing mine LOL i'm going red as well. Also, to save me the trouble, mind explaining VTCS and the advantages of removing it?

do a search in the how-to section on the vcts removal. Its a great write up. On btw thanks for corecting my in the short shifter thread.

nice looking engine bay there. I need to be getting mine that clean. now i vote for you to get headers to clean everything along with that nice new valve cover!

Thanks, It’s not hard at all. I still have to sand the Mazda symbol and the other word so they are silver today. I will post new pics when the mani goes in.(pics)

I want a header but with an auto im afraid I will loose too much precious low end. I’m putting a UDP on next weekend along with the new Intake mani, and I here that makes a big difference with low end. I need all I can get since it seems like I have none now.

FYI I will be listing my old mani after im done in the for sale section cheap.

which way did you add in the seafoam? brake booster line?

Yes. He also forgot to mention that he had a very concerned neighbor run up because she thought something was on fire LOL

I told you ALWAYS AFTER DARK! :p

Taylor, did you get the CEL cleared?

yeah, i unhooked the battery while i was installing the spark plugs and it hasnt come back since...
Yes. He also forgot to mention that he had a very concerned neighbor run up because she thought something was on fire LOL

(lol) Thats funny! Im glad mine didn't smoke much when I did it.

Back