What have you done to your P5 today?

what is rain?

I know AZ is weird, so here you go.

Imagine those sparsely spaced white fluffy clouds covering the entire blue sky, darkening it to a dull gray (or Cosmic Blue, if you prefer). Then imagine the smell of freshly cut grass (green plants people in the rest of the Country have in their yards) and water starts falling out of the sky.

It's really amazing, I think everyone should experience it at least once.:rolleyes:

I put new battery #2 in my P5 today. Got treated to the ole slow to no crank yesterday morning. Went to Advance Auto and spent $85 on the incorrect battery. Came home from work tonight yanked it out and went back to different Store and got correct battery. My car started idling really crappy today so while I was under the hood I checked out the plugs and all. Found out that one of my coil boots is f'd so now I'm debating the 1.8 swap. But, I just found the 2.0 coils at AutoZone for 17.99 and the boots for 9.99 so I'll probably just replace it all and hope it smooths out the idle.

Got another part installed last week but I'm not going to talk about it til I have pics.. I know how you all are about pics.

Magnum, I love those MSP wheels on your car. If only they weren't so heavy or if only my car wasn't NA...lol.

I put new battery #2 in my P5 today. Got treated to the ole slow to no crank yesterday morning. Went to Advance Auto and spent $85 on the incorrect battery. Came home from work tonight yanked it out and went back to different Store and got correct battery. My car started idling really crappy today so while I was under the hood I checked out the plugs and all. Found out that one of my coil boots is f'd so now I'm debating the 1.8 swap. But, I just found the 2.0 coils at AutoZone for 17.99 and the boots for 9.99 so I'll probably just replace it all and hope it smooths out the idle.

Got another part installed last week but I'm not going to talk about it til I have pics.. I know how you all are about pics.

Magnum, I love those MSP wheels on your car. If only they weren't so heavy or if only my car wasn't NA...lol.

Sheesh I've been running 4 years on my optima battery. The Optima battery in my 4X4 Dodge is around 8 years old.

Sheesh I've been running 4 years on my optima battery. The Optima battery in my 4X4 Dodge is around 8 years old.

Well, the one that was dead was the original Panasonic which lasted 93K. Then I bought one at advanced that was top/side mount and it didn't sit in the hole right so, I went to a different store and got the top mount one only.

I just didn't have the extra $$ to go with Optima.

Well, the one that was dead was the original Panasonic which lasted 93K. Then I bought one at advanced that was top/side mount and it didn't sit in the hole right so, I went to a different store and got the top mount one only.

I just didn't have the extra $$ to go with Optima.

should have gone with a Duralast

Nice. About time. Hows the sqeak?

Haha....I actually bought it Friday (19th) but didn't get a chance to do it until Sunday. It was super easy though....a helluva lot better than the painting I did Saturday.

Still no return of the squeak?! I still roll the windows down and turn off the radio from time to time but nothing.... (dunno)

Claim that with a lighter wheel and tire package you get better gas mileage.
Or make a big deal about it when it's time to change the rubber.

"I need new tires anyway, nows the time for new rims if I'm gonna get them."

These are the tactics i used.

hehe....you are not the only one

I know AZ is weird, so here you go.

Imagine those sparsely spaced white fluffy clouds covering the entire blue sky, darkening it to a dull gray (or Cosmic Blue, if you prefer). Then imagine the smell of freshly cut grass (green plants people in the rest of the Country have in their yards) and water starts falling out of the sky.

It's really amazing, I think everyone should experience it at least once.:rolleyes:

AZ??? He lives in the NE (Boston area)!! (evil)

i dusted ash off my car =(

Dude, best of luck given your situation out there!!!

should have gone with a Duralast

That is what I did - Optima Redtop - $149.99 (after exchange) or
Duralast Gold - $79.99 (after exchange)

With Christmas and dance costumes/competitions coming up, it was an easy choice.

Threw a CEL again - the same one it always does every three months or so - CKT No Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2. Basically because my car burns a little oil and runs pig-rich my non-fouler gets clogged about every three months. Oh well... time to go clean it out.

update on fire in my area: the winds are blowing all the fires west and south.

its already reaching the coast... the closest fire now is directly east of us. but it wont come through without warning. because the winds are blowing southwest its unlikely theyll come my way. on top of that it would have to burn through all of the town next to us, so wed have a little warning. my car is all packed up and ready to leave if we have to.

thankfully the cornado hills fire, which was the one closest to my house the other day has been contained. im amazed at how SD county pulled together. These firefighters are doing an amazing job.

i want to wash my car and get that ash off, but i know it would be inconsiderate because of the situation we are all in.

its already reaching the coast... the closest fire now is directly east of us. but it wont come through without warning. because the winds are blowing southwest its unlikely theyll come my way. on top of that it would have to burn through all of the town next to us, so wed have a little warning. my car is all packed up and ready to leave if we have to.

thankfully the cornado hills fire, which was the one closest to my house the other day has been contained. im amazed at how SD county pulled together. These firefighters are doing an amazing job.

i want to wash my car and get that ash off, but i know it would be inconsiderate because of the situation we are all in.

props for respecting the situation man. that's cool of you to think like that.

Glad to hear everything is ok in your area. Must be difficult toughing it out like that.

Threw a CEL again - the same one it always does every three months or so - CKT No Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2. Basically because my car burns a little oil and runs pig-rich my non-fouler gets clogged about every three months. Oh well... time to go clean it out.
Fixed. Now only time will tell if it happens again. However I did notice that two of my tires have cracked/sliced valve stems causing the tires to be low. Almost looks like someone took a razor to the stems but oh well. On to Firestone tomorrow...

i gave her 30,000 btu of love for the winter, she wont see snow this winter and stay nice and warm.

Attachments

• DSCN2436.JPG
    DSCN2436.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 134
I started the FMIC piping today. It's almost ready for welding. The piping will be ready for powder coating by Friday. The intercooler should be mounted this weekend. More turbo progress to come. One step at a time.

I started the FMIC piping today. It's almost ready for welding. The piping will be ready for powder coating by Friday. The intercooler should be mounted this weekend. More turbo progress to come. One step at a time.

Hooot can't wait to see the pictures! I need to redo my piping eventually.

Back