Just a follow up

P5inMD

:
Mazda Protege5
So I had no internet service last week and today I tried to read through the post, but there are alot.

I got my oil changed (conventional - oh so crappy) and changed the air filter. those seemed to help as I was reaching 100miles before the 3/4 mark on my gas meter. then I drove the P5 harder and faster which dropped it to 150miles at the 1/2 mark on the gas meter. then as I was nearing the 1/4 mark, I got pulled over. So now, I don't think I should have a problem saving gas doing 55 or 65 mph all the time. only problem is I need advice on how to curb my speed. any ideas?

oh, and last tuesday morning around 5:30ish, I passed a silver P5 on 95S in MD near aberdeen(?), was that anyone?

P5inMD said:
So I had no internet service last week and today I tried to read through the post, but there are alot.

I got my oil changed (conventional - oh so crappy) and changed the air filter. those seemed to help as I was reaching 100miles before the 3/4 mark on my gas meter. then I drove the P5 harder and faster which dropped it to 150miles at the 1/2 mark on the gas meter. then as I was nearing the 1/4 mark, I got pulled over. So now, I don't think I should have a problem saving gas doing 55 or 65 mph all the time. only problem is I need advice on how to curb my speed. any ideas?

oh, and last tuesday morning around 5:30ish, I passed a silver P5 on 95S in MD near aberdeen(?), was that anyone?

I have the same problem...it's hard to drive with the rest of you when I know there are no cops on that 3 mile stretch of open I64. There is no solution when you have the need for speed. I guess you could imagine that there was a cop in your mirror all the time, like how they say to picture the audience in their underwear during a speech. Except, I don't think that works. Maybe you should keep a copy of your now higher insurance bill in the car all the time...more tickets=more $$$. Good luck!

yeah, I think I'm going to use that cruise control more often and by a new sound system to tune into. I used to drive with it off to listen to the P5 engine's music.

but retard? really? I think you're just jealous... it'll be ok.

I think he's really jealous that you go pulled over and have to pay a ticket and he doesn't.

Seriously just pay more attention its not that difficult to keep from speeding just pay attention to what you're doing. Also cruise control helps.

hmmmmm who would have thoguht that speeding would decrease your in town fuel mpg.... (crazy)

gottacatchup said:
Seriously just pay more attention its not that difficult to keep from speeding just pay attention to what you're doing. Also cruise control helps.
(werd)

This is what cruise control will get you. Even with A/C on.

Best mileage for me so far.

Attachments

• OceanCity010.jpg
    OceanCity010.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 282
MP5Drifter said:
damn ! I get 220miles at half at best!

I had cruise set at 72 mph for most of the trip. I don't remember exactly why I sped up at this point...

imjustagirl said:
Wow, I've gotten anywhere from 357/400 miles out of a tank if its straight highway driving...

I would have ended up with about 440 miles on that tank had I let it go further. I filled up before we left for Delaware and had about 411 on it already. The light wasn't on.

Back