What have you done to your P5 today?

tengoestetempo said:
nice job socom, real clean car u got there. where u get those eyelids frum? and what did u use to hold them there? double sided tape?
thanks man i appreciate it=)i got the mint blues from a guy on here but i dont remember his name and yea its double sided tape.im curious to see how long it holds up.

socommatthews said:
thanks man i appreciate it=)i got the mint blues from a guy on here but i dont remember his name and yea its double sided tape.im curious to see how long it holds up.

Radioshack sells a "permanent" double sided tape...always wanted to try it on my dg lip.

i cleaned my p5, waxed it like nobodys business (yea i can see myself in my car again!!!) and i put oil in her. shes happy now :D

oh yea i finally took off that stupid front license plate holder and put some screws in there that i painted red (not body color, but VERY close)

altspace said:
Woo Woooooo..dash mat baby!

Well I drove the P5 for the first time in awhile on the highway with stock rims back on. So different from 18's. Parked at Logan Airport and flew off. Writing this post in VA right now. Lata ya'll.

keep us/me informed of your progress!:)

Car goes into Mazda Monday to get the rear quarter panel rust fixed. Also looking at replacing the clutch. The shudder is driving me crazy. Ordered a new horn to replace the air horn, air pump is going.

baaack from Toronto. That was a blast.. I get 20 minutes away from my house where there's no snow, and suddenly there's two feet of snow. Then as soon as you cross over into Canada via Niagara falls.. no snow again.

I should have gotten a pic of my car when I was getting gas at the station with snow all around and my with my summer wheels :p

edit: Got to check out a Mazdaspeed3 (red) at St. Catherine's Mazda in Ontario. Damn that's a reeeally well-executed car. They totally fixed all of the design issues that made me vehemently hate the normal 3 hatch.

... the power doesn't hurt much either lol.

It's official. Plans are in the works and the P5 is going to go up for sale next year.

Off topic: Nothing like a runway traffic jam.

Attachments

• taxi1.jpg
    taxi1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 295
  • taxi2.jpg
    taxi2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 290
  • takeoff.jpg
    takeoff.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 295
  • richmond.jpg
    richmond.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 289
altspace said:
It's official. Plans are in the works and the P5 is going to go up for sale next year.
(omg) nooooooooooooooooooo!

What're you getting? Or is that a secret? ;)

Yesterday, I installed the MP3 ECU. OMG it smoothed out the power band sooooo much. Today, Illuminas and MSP springs are going in :)

Also, my 10mm wrench turned up missing :(. Which one of you good fer nothin five finger discounters took it? Huh? HUH!?

Last edited:
damn.

That's just...............

damn.

Freakin sweet dude :) I can't wait to see what you'll do with that. Fire of photoshop and get to work!!! :p

altspace said:

Off topic: Nothing like a runway traffic jam.

dibs on the car!!:)

You've already got one lol

Anyway, off to the wrench meant to put some new 5w-30 fully synth Mobil1 into the belly of the beast and install the sprungs and strunts

hey guys i just got the tokico hp struts and was wondering what people think the best springs to put on them are? i was thinking the racing beat but i dunno i want some feedback before i buy

You lucky bastard Josh... I couldn't have said it better than AMaff. <3 rotary. What colour, or has that not been decided yet?

And Mark, just what are you going to do with two silver p5's, hmm?? lol

altspace said:
RX-8 with full blown Mazdaspeed and Greddy action.

**replaces keyboard after shorting out due to excessive drool**

Nice! But why not have the best of both worlds and keep the P5 for your commute...oh wait you don't commute....:)

Anyway Congrats!

Test fit for eyelids....please excuse the dirt, haven't had time to wash her.

Attachments

• Eyelids Fit Test.jpg
    Eyelids Fit Test.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 280
  • Eyelids Fit Test1.jpg
    Eyelids Fit Test1.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 288
aMaff said:
Yesterday, I installed the MP3 ECU. OMG it smoothed out the power band sooooo much.

I hate you. My powerbad is teh suck now. I never realized how much of a difference it made until it was gone! My car used to pull HARD up to redline, now it just falls flat.

:) my turbo, AXR clunk fix bracket, and mazdaspeed engine cover came the other day so I'm sorta getting a little bit into my turbo project.

Latest posts

Back