Clutch engagement problems..

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
Well, I am having clutch engagement issues. It seems that my engagement is really high for some reason. The clutch only engages with the flywheel when the pedal is almost all the way to the top. As a result, I can't even boost past 1-2 PSI (partial throttle). The attachted pictures show what I am talking about.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Clutch_Pedal_BAD.JPG
    Clutch_Pedal_BAD.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 459
I also have another theory about it too. I recently bled the clutch line after having it hanging off for a couple of days. I bled the line, but since it was hanging off so long, there may be more air in there than I thought. I will completely flush the line by using a lot of fluid. I'll try that, and see if that works.

I wouldn't try to adjust that just go to any auto part store and get a One Man Bleeding Kit and make sure you get all the air out it looks to me that the last time you bled the line either you left some air inside or air went in instead of out.

hey, just wanted to make sure. your clutch wont "engage" (catch) until you almost let off it right? if so mine does the same thing.... i thought my clutch was about to go.

umm was i suppose to find something? lol, sorry im a bit slow today. but ya mine wont catch until i almost let off. it makes my mp3 much harder to drive with. im wasting up gas sometimes reving up pass what i need. i just want to know if u can adjust if when the clutch catchs.. i dont think you can, but im not a mechanic...

You can adjust it. The picture I posted above tells you about the adjustment collar. BTW, looks like I need to adjust mine. I drove Moeed's car today, and the engagement on his clutch was close to the floor. I was like WTF? Mine engaged all the way towards the top of the pedal travel. We bled the hell out of my clutch line, and still the same thing. We did find one big air bubble.

Pats car felt like the pedal is almost useless. Almost felt like an automanual lol

Mine grabs about 3/4 of the way up but I have been noticing a dead spot that pops up. It feels like there is air in the line. I need to bleed mine too. I will let you guys know if it helps any when I get around to doing it.

Hey pat..I think I might have the same problem..Ever since I installed my Spec, my clutch doesnt engine until really late in the pedal travel and if I dont let the clutch out just right, I get some real strong chatter..Almost feels like wheel hop but without the wheels hopping..Never really knew what it was. I wonder if this adjustment would help it a bit..

I got some advice from a friend to just change the shift release fork out to one from a MSP. I really don't want to tear my s*** apart again..

This has either have to be an adjustment issue, or either throw out bearing slipped off of the clutch release fork somehow.

Back