323.5 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    377.2 KB · Views: 87
looks good....
get better vac hose... that clear stuff you have looks weak and will collapse. If the valve does not get a good vac it will not open and you will get turkey all the time.

the catch can was on the car when i got it, i will be going over all the hoses to make sure they are better quality. maybe if i replace the clear one my turkey will be less too

oh i tried to adjust the idle, and it went up some, but it seemed to be more unstable, it was going up and down rpms more. So i put it back, i will replace hoses and see if that helps.

From what you have told me, the BB line has been replaced. Where is the check valve in the new BB line? Is there one?
Maybe your BOV is tapped on the wrong side of the check valve (or valve is in backwards) which means it sees no vac. and therefore does not have enough power to pull the valve open.

Your turkey all the time probably means that the valve is not working. Do you ever hear a hiss or a whistle from the valve? It is a BOV and Diverter in 1 right? You are best off with getting a vac hose from Mazda with the valve in it. If you are not recirculating OR blowing off air, you will get turkey any time you let off the gas while accelerating and not hear a hiss. Hope that makes sense.

If you disconnect the vac source and cap it, and the car / BOV acts the same then you need a new vac source for the BOV. If you get MORE turkey after doing this.... then it is working and it just recirculates a lot of the air and blows off very little.

well i looked into what the check valve does in the BB line. All it does is keep vaccum when your car stalls. The guy i bought it from had the check valve really close to the booster itself, so i dont think it worked right every, cuz i had no braking power all the times it stalled. So i might leave it out. Now my BOV is setup right, it get good vac cuz it does vent to atmosphere, but i just get the gobble before it. With stronger hoses going to the booster, and the BOV i will see if that makes a difference.

HeHateMe said:
well i looked into what the check valve does in the BB line. All it does is keep vaccum when your car stalls. The guy i bought it from had the check valve really close to the booster itself, so i dont think it worked right every, cuz i had no braking power all the times it stalled. So i might leave it out. Now my BOV is setup right, it get good vac cuz it does vent to atmosphere, but i just get the gobble before it. With stronger hoses going to the booster, and the BOV i will see if that makes a difference.

Very good. You will always get that slight 'buck' before the 'pshhh'.

Back