K&N CAI

QBCERUS

:
Winning Blue 5-door 3s
Hi everybody, I went on the K&N web site today and saw that they got a typhoon CAI for the 3.

I'm very excited, I was waiting for the K&N product because of their drycharger wrap that is suppose to prevent hydro locking without having to put a bypass valve.

The problem is that because it is so new, nobody is selling it yet. I checked most of their approved dealers and their own web store and I haven't been able to find a price.

If you find something let me know.

Thanks for the news. I'm fed w/waiting on Injen & AEM. Did you try Autozone? I know they sell a crapload of K&N stuff: maybe they could order you one.

Last edited:
Finally it came out. I have been waiting for so long. I let them use my car for the automatic prototype last february. Finally I can get my free intake. I might go for blue though. I will find out tomorrow how much it costs for you guys. I need to make an appointment for them to install it for me.

Mazda3hatchback said:
Finally it came out. I have been waiting for so long. I let them use my car for the automatic prototype last february. Finally I can get my free intake. I might go for blue though. I will find out tomorrow how much it costs for you guys. I need to make an appointment for them to install it for me.

That'd be great! If you can, try to get us a dyno too: I've got an automatic & I'd like to see what the HP/Torque gain is.

Mazda3hatchback said:

Nice, I want a blue too but on their web site, only the polished one seems to be out for sale for now. Talking about dyno, if you can have both the auto. and man. dynos it would be awesome.

Thanks

Well I called K&N and they said the intake would be around $250 depending on the retailer. They have two blue intakes in the shop and I am getting one of them. I have an appointment either next week or the week after for the install. I did ask them for the dynos but only the automatics because a lot of you are asking for dynos before and after the intake install. I will get the results when I take my car up there to get my intake installed. I cant wait. Oh and by the way I asked them about the intakes for the 2.0 and they said that they are hard to find around here for them to create a prototype. If any of you have the 2.0 that lives near riverside give them a call and see if they can use your car for the install. You get a free intake for letting them use your car.

Mazda3hatchback said:
Well I called K&N and they said the intake would be around $250 depending on the retailer. They have two blue intakes in the shop and I am getting one of them. I have an appointment either next week or the week after for the install. I did ask them for the dynos but only the automatics because a lot of you are asking for dynos before and after the intake install. I will get the results when I take my car up there to get my intake installed. I cant wait. Oh and by the way I asked them about the intakes for the 2.0 and they said that they are hard to find around here for them to create a prototype. If any of you have the 2.0 that lives near riverside give them a call and see if they can use your car for the install. You get a free intake for letting them use your car.
(crazy) Got my Injen poilshed CAI from Nopi around 250.00. What a difference!!! (gossip)

Finally got my K&N intake installed.

Well finally had K&N install my intake. Its loud. Not use to it yet. Anyway It fits perfectly in the engine bay without hitting the transmission. It drops right down to the lower corner of the engine bay right where there is a vent for outside air. It looks really nice. I will try and get pics up as soon as I find my camara wires. I received my dyno results and they were shocking. Unfortunately max power wasnt as high as I thought it was. Stock horsepower was 134.1 max horsepower and after the intake there was 138.5 max horsepower. In third gear at 71 miles per hour there was only 103 horsepower on the stock intake and after the intake there was 113 horsepower. I do have to say for an automatic I had pretty high numbers for the stock readings. Barely any drivetrain loss from the transmission compared to the manual. MAybe a 5 horsepower difference.

Just installed my K&N CAI a few days ago. The box arrived in near perfect condition from 4filters.com. Sounds and feels awesome! As soon as I pulled out of the garage, I could tell there was a definite difference. Really starts to pull after/around 4000-4500 rpm. Sounds great in conjunction w/the Magnaflow cat back too: sounds mean. Thought I'd include some pics. Can't believe how much friggin' plastic I pulled out of the engine bay.

Attachments

• K&N CAI 001.jpg
    K&N CAI 001.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 216
  • K&N CAI 002.jpg
    K&N CAI 002.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 215
  • K&N CAI 003.jpg
    K&N CAI 003.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 206
  • K&N CAI 004.jpg
    K&N CAI 004.jpg